Bobby bucktails

TFO Bluewater

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anybody have any experience with this rod in 10 to 12wt? looking for a rod i can use on my inlet jetty and also double as a small pelagic rod for offshore that doesnt break the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 mins ago, Bobby bucktails said:

Anybody have any experience with this rod in 10 to 12wt? looking for a rod i can use on my inlet jetty and also double as a small pelagic rod for offshore that doesnt break the bank.

 

I mulled it over for a long time and went with the coulton version 

but im sure it’s fine. It just didn’t feel like it had the lifting power but that might just be my subjectivity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume you mean the Baby Blue rod?  It's a good little rod for tarpon and light pelagics (albacore, black fin tuna), used it for both on a number of occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, formula1 said:

I assume you mean the Baby Blue rod?  It's a good little rod for tarpon and light pelagics (albacore, black fin tuna), used it for both on a number of occasions.

no I'm refering to the 10-12wt. Looking for something powerful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Bobby bucktails said:

no I'm refering to the 10-12wt. Looking for something powerful. 

The Baby Blue is their 10-12 wt.  Not sure if that's what they call it now but I have a few of those sitting around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really stout, strong rods for fighting fish.  Not the most elegant casting rods in the pack unless you've got the touch and the right grain weight line.  But they will whip fish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.