Bobby bucktails

TFO Bluewater

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anybody have any experience with this rod in 10 to 12wt? looking for a rod i can use on my inlet jetty and also double as a small pelagic rod for offshore that doesnt break the bank.

49 mins ago, Bobby bucktails said:

Anybody have any experience with this rod in 10 to 12wt? looking for a rod i can use on my inlet jetty and also double as a small pelagic rod for offshore that doesnt break the bank.

I mulled it over for a long time and went with the coulton version 

but im sure it’s fine. It just didn’t feel like it had the lifting power but that might just be my subjectivity

I assume you mean the Baby Blue rod?  It's a good little rod for tarpon and light pelagics (albacore, black fin tuna), used it for both on a number of occasions.

1 hour ago, formula1 said:

I assume you mean the Baby Blue rod?  It's a good little rod for tarpon and light pelagics (albacore, black fin tuna), used it for both on a number of occasions.

no I'm refering to the 10-12wt. Looking for something powerful. 

13 mins ago, Bobby bucktails said:

no I'm refering to the 10-12wt. Looking for something powerful. 

The Baby Blue is their 10-12 wt.  Not sure if that's what they call it now but I have a few of those sitting around.

Really stout, strong rods for fighting fish.  Not the most elegant casting rods in the pack unless you've got the touch and the right grain weight line.  But they will whip fish.