Bass Ackwards

Connecticut Tolls

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I did my research and I found some facts.  I could not find any facts contradicting what I posted.

Edited by PaulS

2 mins ago, PaulS said:

Fyi -  we do not have the highest gas tax in the country either.

Its pretty close. I know it was higher than all of our northeast neighbors a couple of years ago, don't know if that's changed since then.

Posted (edited) · Report post

We're like 5th or 6th and some of those states have tolls in addition.   Penn and New York are higher New Jersey is slightly less than us.

Edited by PaulS

2 hours ago, PaulS said:

We're like 5th or 6th and some of those states have tolls in addition.   Penn and New York are higher New Jersey is slightly less than us.

We may as well have tolls, you can't get west of the Hudson without paying.

It sucks to live someplace that was mismanaged for so long, but the reality is that there is no magic bullet to fund things without some pain across the board.

Pensions will kill you, which is why they don't exist in 90% of the business world anymore.

Everyone complains about GE leaving...look at them now. Look at how they have reduced their plans in Boston by better than 60% and the value of their stock.

I've only been here for 11 years, but I like it here. I grew up in Rochester, NY, have lived in NC, PA, back in NY, and now here. Everywhere has major issues. Everywhere. 

On 3/8/2019 at 7:06 PM, PaulS said:

Great please do so less traffic.

Only state I ever got a ticket for going 53 in a 55 zone. Ticket said 74, 5PM, dry pavement and bright sunshine. It was after 9PM and raining like the sky was angry. Maybe he had written the ticket to a cute woman who batted her eyelashes and he let her go. It was only 85 dollars, and it was before state to state reporting, so it didn't raise my insurance rate. I wasn't about to take a day off from work to have a judge laugh at me for calling a State Trooper a liar. 

I was going uphill in a 74 Gremlin that wouldn't do 70 downhill with a strong tailwind.

9 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

I can't believe how many people are willingly going to bend over and get it shoved up their arse..............again.     :dismay::dismay::dismay:

Willingly or unwillingly - we're getting it shoved right up there!

RI put tolls in for trucks only, they claimed it's for bridge and road repair. every single cent goes into the

general fund(slush fund) none of it into the highway fund? 

On 3/10/2019 at 9:12 PM, Stewie said:

Only state I ever got a ticket for going 53 in a 55 zone. Ticket said 74, 5PM, dry pavement and bright sunshine. It was after 9PM and raining like the sky was angry. Maybe he had written the ticket to a cute woman who batted her eyelashes and he let her go. It was only 85 dollars, and it was before state to state reporting, so it didn't raise my insurance rate. I wasn't about to take a day off from work to have a judge laugh at me for calling a State Trooper a liar. 

I was going uphill in a 74 Gremlin that wouldn't do 70 downhill with a strong tailwind.

Boo hoo, mass sucks way more to drive through, I have nightmares of the crazies in worcester and boston.

Do we know where the tolls will be and how many of them?  If they stay west of the River I'm cool with that, selfish of me yes but I just never drive that way.