GilV

Anyone use Solarez for making Surf Candies?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I don't remember anything with regards to them having an odor, from the time I cured them with the light to the time I took them out of the box to use them the first time.

I will say one thing since my cancer surgery on my throat,  I no longer have any sense of smell, so many things I wish I could smell just one more time.

I worked for a number of years in a large UV Process Manufacturing Plant ( boxes ). There is an odor but it does not last and in a scenario as micro as fly tying it should be negligible to non existent.

I wonder about that.  (^^^) Many fish have an acute, pert-per-million sense of smell. If you or I can smell it, they damn well can too.  Whether it puts fish off is the question that matters.

12 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I wonder about that.  (^^^) Many fish have an acute, pert-per-million sense of smell. If you or I can smell it, they damn well can too.  Whether it puts fish off is the question that matters.

I've noticed that a lot of soft plastic baits smell strongly and they still catch....go figure