so, thats basically it...no?

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

if we cant agree that stephon clark was a justified shoot, the idea that there will ever be widespread agreement on police shootings is absolutely dead...no?

its about as good a shoot as you'll ever see, and the sides still cant come to an agreement. 

3 mins ago, ted527 said:

Won’t lose any sleep over his death but hard to call it a good shoot when he was unarmed and they were still shooting when he was down. 

Maybe justified since he failed to follow orders but far from “good”

but he had a shiny phone

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

21 mins ago, ted527 said:

Won’t lose any sleep over his death but hard to call it a good shoot when he was unarmed and they were still shooting when he was down. 

Once the turd hits the fan, the rest is moot. I don’t care how many times they shoot him or what position he was in. If the first shot was justified, the rest are meaningless to me.

39 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

if we cant agree that stephon clark was a justified shoot, the idea that there will ever be widespread agreement on police shootings is absolutely dead...no?

its about as good a shoot as you'll ever see, and the sides still cant come to an agreement. 

all i can say at this point is that ending sentences with.....no? should be banned. :dismay:  

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

Meh. 

We got some many nut jobs round here, this is too far down on the list of items we disagree about to really change anything.  I already think you're a piece of crap b/c of your views long before we get to the question of police shootings.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

44 mins ago, ted527 said:

Maybe justified since he failed to follow orders but far from “good”

Yes, justified. Not “best case scenario” but absolutely justified is what I mean by good shoot. 

24 mins ago, charloots said:

Once the turd hits the fan, the rest is moot. I don’t care how many times they shoot him or what position he was in. If the first shot was justified, the rest are meaningless to me.

If you didn’t know the story and only saw the video, you’d think it was suicide by cop. 

15 hours ago, HopHead said:

So basically jase is saying.....

Pretty much.  About 99% of the people who would argue the other side of the "good shoot" are idiots in the PG on my bigger issues.   I was going to use you as an example of someone who I always agree with on the good/bad shoot question and also share a large percentage of are other ideals on govt, parenting, etc.

Edited by TimS
quote edited

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter