Bass Pro Shops Helix 7 Mega SI mistake

9 mins ago, Rick67 said:

Positive, check the service contract.

I’m surprised being you don’t sugar coat anything.

Both companies basically gave me the finger and pointed to the service contract when I didn’t have 1) no receipt but did register.

2) bought it from in authorized party from eBay basically means second hand.

Same crap both brands

It's still better to have a written official receipt and I still think it's worthy asking an online sales if they are a humminbird official retailer. I believe these units come with a one year which in my opinion should be two. Lets say the Helix 7 Mega units were made in Jan of 2019  and ready for retail in mid Feb. You buy online and lose or don't have a good receipt. Your warranty starts in Jan. Kinda lame.

19 mins ago, The Riddler said:

It's still better to have a written official receipt and I still think it's worthy asking an online sales if they are a humminbird official retailer. I believe these units come with a one year which in my opinion should be two. Lets say the Helix 7 Mega units were made in Jan of 2019  and ready for retail in mid Feb. You buy online and lose or don't have a good receipt. Your warranty starts in Jan. Kinda lame.

Not to mention, if you don't/can't fish all year you really only get like 6 months of warranty for a pretty expensive piece of electronics. Not the manufacturer's fault you can't use it all year, but sucks all the same.

58 mins ago, The Riddler said:

You are correct and I believe that’s where they had me. The Lowrance was manufactured 2 years previous. They even knew the date it went from there dealer to what they called a “Lot” buyer to resell it, he’s not authorized but they know who he is (Fishy). Either way I just wanted it fixed (depth shading wasn’t working) they couldn’t, but offered an upgrade for half off with trade-in. It was Outdated already.

HB let me know after I mailed it in.  (Richard can you email a copy of the receipt). Never did get a receipt from that eBay sale. Not that it would have helped. I paid for that mistake.

So those ended my electronics eBay purchases.

Now I buy refurbished through manufacturer  for less then new prices with new warranty from my date of purchase.

KFA-NY

Kayak Wars/Team Fishing Lab

Yellow Eyed Devils

(*member formerly known as ''rick smithtown)

I once bought a Humminbird 383c and lost the receipt.  The transducer **** the bed and even though I only had the unit for 6 months I was out of warranty.  The Unit sat on the shelf For 7 months before it was sold. 

Since these electronics are serialized, manufactures can enforce MAP pricing.  Rods and reels that distributors have access to have no serial number.  Most of the pricing shenanigans in all fishing tackle are coming from two step distribution.  They buy at lower prices than dealers because they buy in bulk.  Then they sell to dealers that cannot buy direct from factory and are not authroized dealers for a variety of reasons.

What most unscrupulous distributors will do is sell alot of product at razor thin margins to online only 'entities'.  These shady 'dealers' have no overheard, no staff, no insurance, rent, or taxes.  Just them and a laptop in mom's basement and a kick ass rating on Ebay.  There was a guy in N. Dakota that was Penn's #1 dealer for 130 wides a few years back, lol. 

If you buy a Penn reel online, there is no serial number.  Said loser in the basement can sell well below MAP and be happy makiing 5% due to no overhead.  And Penn has no idea who he is or how he got the reels.  Top Rated Authorized Penn Dealer see's a cheap reel on EBAY, loses his ****, calls rep, but the fact is nobody has any idea where the reel came from.  There are hundreds of two step distributors out there.  No way to enforce MAP.  great for consumer really bad for local dealers.  They are visible.  If they break MAP Penn knows who they are and where they got the reel and they shut down the dealer.  ****ed up huh?

Electronics however are serialized.  The manufacture knows exactly what units each two step dist gets.  So when they sell to sweet heart in basement Humminbird still knows where the machine came from.  The first thing they do is deny warranty because you cant sell under MAP and your unit has to come from an authorized dealer only.  So when you try and get it serviced its gets a big red flag and no service for you.  

This is a huge problem right now and is yet another way that local shops are getting screwed.  BTW this is also why most factories will not authorize JDM warranties.  They know if its JDM MAP was broken.  I know it is fun to get a deal, but as my parents always said, nothing is for free.  There is always a catch.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa