The Riddler

Bass Pro Shops Helix 7 Mega SI mistake

66 posts in this topic

57 mins ago, BillZ said:

Another possibility is that it was a legitimate sale to begin with but they just put the wrong 2362714 sku on the ad instead of the mega si sku 2648989 so now everybody  is all screwed up?

Calling them has them look up the ads sku so when they do, the g2 model comes up..... naturally,  they refuse you the msi g3 model they describe.....

The other thing is, the G2 doesn't list for 699 to begin with .....it lists for 499 

if you're saving 200 dollars,  you'd be paying alot less than 499 for the g2.

The whole ad,  with the exception of the  wrong sku adds up to the msig3 being the sale item ...

20190308_225634.jpg.9f181565223fc310297eb6f4bd9b3648.jpg

yes.  I did hear of a store that honored it based on not knowing what the misprint was, but it was only one store.  you are right about the price and I brought that up when I was at the register.  the g2 is a discontinued model now and im assuming the g3 is taking its place.  there is no way that both the g2 and g3 are $699 regular.  the only things "correct" in the ad according to bass pro shops is the sku number.  everything else is wrong.  when I called, the department lead confirmed with me on the phone that the g3 with mega side imaging was on sale.  whether he looked up the sku or looked at the ad or sale sign I do not know but he did confirm the g3 with mega side imaging as the unit on sale.  when I filed the complaint I was told that the store manager would be contacting me within 72 hours (3 days) at most to address this issue.  it has been 5 days now with no contact.  very bad customer service.

I was a the Foxboro BPS today killing time while waiting for a doctors appointment and noticed that they had a sign on the electronics counter indicating this pricing error. 

If anyone is interested... I just picked one up on Ebay right now.... Shipped to CT was 555.53. Pretty close to the Cabelas/BassPro price when you consider tax. There are some hoops to jump through though. You must use the Ebay App and use the promo code " PSAVETODAY ". The code is not suppose to work with electronics but for some weird reason it worked for me. I tired 2 sellers with the lowest price and it only worked for the seller "the-shot-stop". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Expedited-Delivery-Humminbird-HELIX7-CHIRP-MSI-GPS-G3-410950-1/372615000858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Code ends at today at 7pm PT. 

4 hours ago, z-man said:

I was a the Foxboro BPS today killing time while waiting for a doctors appointment and noticed that they had a sign on the electronics counter indicating this pricing error. 

they were still advertising the g3 with MSI on the display unit as on sale with a sale sign?  I know they were when I was in the store last week.  I am still very unhappy that they wouldnt give me the sale price while they were advertising it on sale on the sales floor.  I dont think they are done hearing from me.

38 mins ago, xyooj said:

If anyone is interested... I just picked one up on Ebay right now.... Shipped to CT was 555.53. Pretty close to the Cabelas/BassPro price when you consider tax. There are some hoops to jump through though. You must use the Ebay App and use the promo code " PSAVETODAY ". The code is not suppose to work with electronics but for some weird reason it worked for me. I tired 2 sellers with the lowest price and it only worked for the seller "the-shot-stop". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Expedited-Delivery-Humminbird-HELIX7-CHIRP-MSI-GPS-G3-410950-1/372615000858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Nice pickup.

37 mins ago, Pier_man0909 said:

they were still advertising the g3 with MSI on the display unit as on sale with a sale sign?  I know they were when I was in the store last week.  I am still very unhappy that they wouldnt give me the sale price while they were advertising it on sale on the sales floor.  I dont think they are done hearing from me.

It was an 8.5 x 11 print out describing that the pricing that was in the sale flyer was incorrect. I didn’t see any sale signs for the G3. 

3 mins ago, z-man said:

It was an 8.5 x 11 print out describing that the pricing that was in the sale flyer was incorrect. I didn’t see any sale signs for the G3. 

gotcha.  Was it the one dated March 1st?  when I was in the store last week there was a sale sign advertising the unit and there was not a disclaimer nearby.  when we were disagreeing on the price they had to go to the office to get the disclaimer.  it was dated march 1 and the sale started march 4.  they should have never put out that sale sign to begin with since they knew it was an "error".   

10 mins ago, Pier_man0909 said:

gotcha.  Was it the one dated March 1st?  when I was in the store last week there was a sale sign advertising the unit and there was not a disclaimer nearby.  when we were disagreeing on the price they had to go to the office to get the disclaimer.  it was dated march 1 and the sale started march 4.  they should have never put out that sale sign to begin with since they knew it was an "error".   

I’m not sure what date it had. 

8 hours ago, xyooj said:

Hopefully part of those hoops you jumped through was making sure the-shot-stop is an authorized dealer for HB or you have zero warranty.

HB and Lowrance's warranty are not transferrable. Even if you register you FF and need service, they'll require original receipt to make sure it was sold though one of there dealers.

2 hours ago, Rick67 said:

Hopefully part of those hoops you jumped through was making sure the-shot-stop is an authorized dealer for HB or you have zero warranty.

HB and Lowrance's warranty are not transferrable. Even if you register you FF and need service, they'll require original receipt to make sure it was sold though one of there dealers.

Are you sure? I just had my Lowrance replaced under warranty and they didn’t need a receipt, just the serial. I bought it on eBay with a pretty nice discount.

I guess this is what happens when the big wigs do not have to face customer's ire or flat out wrath.  Personally I would contact BBB, if I was there from Day 1 and can prove it.

Def not cool and I would have to say at this point totally B & S

2 hours ago, Rick67 said:

I have bought Electronics online brand new and just give the Serial number. The receipt gives you a longer warranty. If there is no receipt H bird goes to the manufacturing date.

The Humminbird warranty we offer is product dependent.  The warranty begins at the date of purchase. When requiring any service/repairs for your Humminbird product, you will need your original receipt of purchase for warranty coverage. If you do not have your receipt of purchase, we will reference your product's serial number and will base your warranty coverage off the date of manufacture. We recommend that you write the serial number down somewhere outside of your boat so you have it available for future reference.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, drmevo said:

Are you sure? I just had my Lowrance replaced under warranty and they didn’t need a receipt, just the serial. I bought it on eBay with a pretty nice discount.

Positive, check the service contract.

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

I have bought Electronics online brand new and just give the Serial number. The receipt gives you a longer warranty. If there is no receipt H bird goes to the manufacturing date.

I’m surprised being you don’t sugar coat anything.

Both companies basically gave me the finger and pointed to the service contract when I didn’t have 1) no receipt but did register.

2) bought them from un-authorized party from eBay basically means second hand.

Same crap both brands

Edited by Rick67

11 hours ago, xyooj said:

I was trying to use that code on fish finders yesterday with no success. You must have found one in the sporting goods category and not electronics.

Good find!