The Riddler

Bass Pro Shops Helix 7 Mega SI mistake

66 posts in this topic

Just found out about it. If you have the circular they will honor it.  It was supposed to be the G2 instead the G3 with Mega was listed.  I just checked it online and the circular  for Foxboro  changed it back to G2.

06B6D3E6-F035-486F-A86C-8FB1109DF1F9.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

I found the circular out of Hooksett NH with g3n in it and they are refusing to the sell the Mega for the advertised price.

I called corporate office and they are refusing to budge.  Some got the deal now they won’t honor the rest. 

2B75F160-CCF5-4B45-80EB-0DB4C1B6FDD3.png

Edited by The Riddler

A bunch of us called Bass Pro shops corporate office and are making a racket about it. I called again today and made my case with another person and they still are reading the disclaimer. Several folks were successful in getting the deal down in Texas and Florida.

As of tonight it is still in the Hooksett, NH flyer.

helix7.JPG

I recommend that anyone upset by this false advertisement post on Bass Pro Shops facebook page.  I did and it got a fair bit of attention, although still no unit.  I am going to continue to pursue this because this is flat out wrong.  At least in my case, I believe this is textbook bait and switch advertising which is illegal.  I called to confirm the unit, price, and that is was in stock with the marine electronics department lead before driving over 2 hours to the store to get it.  once in the store, the display unit had a sale sign again confirming this sale.  at the register, they would not give me the sale price and said it was a misprint and that I could have the discontinued unit that was supposed to be on sale.  meanwhile, this sale was still being advertised in the flyer, online, and on the display unit.  Does anyone know how I can contact Johnny Morris? 

This sign was still up while I was being told at the register that they would not give me that price.  When I asked to speak to the store manager I was told "he is in a meeting." but that they would go ask him.  they came back 5 minutes later and said that he said he would not honor it.  I am very upset about this, and if they do not make this right they will have lost a customer.

20190304_141847.jpg

That’s pretty lame. Good luck to BP in keeping their brick & mortar stores with this kind of attitude.

I do like their redhead flannel shirts, but not much else there makes me smile. What's up with Cabelas stuff at Basspro and vice-versa? My daughter tried to get me a redhead shirt from Cabelas, didn't have my size at either store or online, maybe later this year.

Used to work at the local BPS. They have a "price match" program that will honor other stores prices. Had a customer that wanted an offshore lure that was priced lower at the Academy store across the street. The manager on duty refused to honor the price saying that it wasn't the same lure. I showed her that it was indeed the same SKU and she still refused to honor the price. Customer went to Academy and bought the lure and came back to show her that it was the same. She was let go a few months later, and the GM was promoted to a bigger store. 

Sorry, BPS has become nothing but a tourist trap here. The prices are higher than other stores, and we were told to tell the customers that we had a better selection to offset the price being charged. LOL

penny wise lb foolish stores only see the leaves never the trees or the forest-by not following through with the sales they will get tons of bad pr and end up losing customers who would have spend way way more then the amount this "mistake" would have cost them

Since the circular is STILL up listing the G3N model I am trying again with Corporate. Corporate is having someone call me back.

Ok...Bass Pro GM from Hooksett NH called me back. He offered to meet me 1/2 way at 600.00 bucks with no tax to sell the unit. Since I can get that online and not take the drive, I thanked him and said no. I wanted the 200 off. He wouldn't do it. So as of 11:37am that flyer listing the g3 mega si is still on Hooksett NH bass pro circular and they refuse to sell it for that price.

The disclaimer you referred to, actually went out BEFORE the ad. So why would you expect them to honor the price? Not to mention the original price is far more than what is in the add.

Which makes it obvious that it's a mistake. It's still posted, because those flyers are made weeks ahead of time.

So.... you KNEW it was a mistake, but tried to force them to honor it....  

Last year the same thing happened... even bigger mistake actually... there was no disclaimer that time... and they ate the loss.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Ok...Bass Pro GM from Hooksett NH called me back. He offered to meet me 1/2 way at 600.00 bucks with no tax to sell the unit. Since I can get that online and not take the drive, I thanked him and said no. I wanted the 200 off. He wouldn't do it. So as of 11:37am that flyer listing the g3 mega si is still on Hooksett NH bass pro circular and they refuse to sell it for that price.

You are everything that is wrong with todays consumer.  Support your local shop, get off the internet and stop being a baby about something you know is a mistake.  People like you are why Amazon is going to be the only place to buy tackle one day and soon.  Oddly enough when they get the monopoly and drive up prices, I believe you will be the one bitching about it the loudest.

Edited by Shipwreck