Any downside to adding studs to wading boots?

Rate this topic

This is why I got the korkers with interchangeable soles. Not exactly cheap but i can switch from studs to felt to rubber with relative ease. 

I gave up on studs at canal...too many scary incidents of sliding on dry rocks and catching on others. I'll stick with rubber and crawling when I have to. :bucktooth:

The only other downside to the studded korkers sole is that it is heavier than the felt or rubber. You may think, so what? And for casual fishing you'd be right. But if you plan to fish in them all day or walk any distance the diff is noticeable.

Edited by bdowning

Pfantum Pfishah

14 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

Can't go into Red Top with studs.  Ask a guy who used to hang around in here.  

:laugh:

Ah yes, I remember that incident.  Was discussed here.  Detail is in the archives.

If I recall correctly, the perpetrator thought he did nothing wrong.    :laugh:

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Ah yes, I remember that incident.  Was discussed here.  Detail is in the archives.

If I recall correctly, the perpetrator thought he did nothing wrong.    :laugh:

Link? :worms:

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

I have worn nothing but studded boots for the past 6-7 years. Most areas I fish are rocky, boulders, seaweed. I do fish beaches now and then, and no downside there. As Folifish mentioned, you're not going to sneak in anywhere with studs. Super loud walking down the road in the dark. Large, smooth rocks are also not your friend in studs. I find more pros than cons to wearing them. 

BD mentioned the Korkers with removable soles. I wore these for a couple of seasons, but the soles fell off on a number of occasions. Got sick of that happening and went to Simms felt soles and added studs. 

I'd recommend a washer, which I did not do. Will keep them from eventually sinking into the sole. 

F TOMBO

Do us all a favor and take your studded boots off walking through neighborhoods at night. Good way to get a spot shut down.  

Get an an oversized pair of crocs or sneakers and carry your studded boots in and out with you