ccb

Abu V 5000. End cap fix

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

On my reel if I loosen the cap so that the lure falls slowly to the ground to get the right tension on the spool , the cap falls out.    I was lucky and found it on the ground?   Only one cap in handle side 

47 mins ago, ccb said:

On my reel if I loosen the cap so that the lure falls slowly to the ground to get the right tension on the spool , the cap falls out.    I was lucky and found it on the ground?   Only one cap in handle side 

How light is the lure? Is it 1/4 oz?

Something is wrong, your cap should stay on long after you have complete free spool. Check the parts again from end cap to end cap.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There is a rubber "O" ring the holds the cap snug, on the threaded nipple the cap screw onto. Is that "o" ring not there? Or you don't have the correct cap for that reel:howdy:

Edited by jimmy z

It just about covers the O ring.  How far out does the tits stick out on the plastic axel clip.  Two stick out more then the other two ?  Maybe I shout try to flatten them some? Ccb

11 hours ago, ccb said:

It just about covers the O ring.  How far out does the tits stick out on the plastic axel clip.  Two stick out more then the other two ?  Maybe I shout try to flatten them some? Ccb

Take it off and flip it around

And when I have a loose cap, some plumbers Teflon tape around the threads works. 

Edited by jimmy z

1/4oz. on that 5000 you talked about before?  Good luck unless you have installed some BB's that are higher end than the OEM.  Try 3/8 or better yet 1/2oz.  You are playing a game of momentum with a 5000 spool and 1/4oz.

ok thanks will try that . Also should the tits be facing the bearing or the brass pad. 

The hole on the plastic Axel clip, should that be tight on the axel?  or just slid over  the axel . thanks ccb

22 hours ago, ccb said:

ok thanks will try that . Also should the tits be facing the bearing or the brass pad. 

The hole on the plastic Axel clip, should that be tight on the axel?  or just slid over  the axel . thanks ccb

Facing in and that plastic clip should snap in place on the axle. Yeah, it shouldn't slide up and down or wobble on the axle

Edited by jimmy z

11 hours ago, ccb said:

I have it so the flat surface is facing the brass pad. 

That's how it should be and I made a typo above on the last post. It should not wobble or slide up axle. 

Edited by jimmy z

Question?  On the handle side there is a clutch washer ( silver SS ) in front of the bearing.  How does that come off?  

To get at the bearing on that side 

thanks ccb