wtfooptimax200

Talkin Popper vs Little Neck Popper

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, ATH1089 said:

I fish the TP more like a pencil, and the little necks like...well...little necks. So for me, they have slightly different applications. I have caught a lot more fish on the TP, so if I had to choose, it would be that one. Definitely swap out the hardware though. Stock split rings are hot garbage and the hooks are not far behind.

F71FD863-191E-44DF-9CED-7556EE2D8D14.jpeg

Edited by AKotoun

What's the difference between the tusnami XD and GT version?  From the specs, they both have weight transfer system in it for casting far.

I had to Google the GT version. Not much of an explanation on the websites I looked at. 

But I did see that the Tsunami comes in 4" - 8"!!!! The 8" is allegedly 4.5oz??? I'd like to get my hands on one and see how it compares to other poppers. 

I think you should be comparing the Daiwa Mebachi to the Super strike....almost a 1:1 clone

On 3/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, yogiiiboy said:

hydra-

in addition to a blurple SP Minnow......the ONLY other lure i carry for dusk/night surfcasting is a black SS little neck with a black Red Gill teaser 36" ahead of it.

I swim this combo slowly....................... K - I - L- L - E - R  !!!! :heart:

Yogiii, floating or sinking version? And are you bringing it in on straight retrieve or working it? I’ve used a pencil at night but never thought to try a popper. 

11 mins ago, NJCoast82 said:

Yogiii, floating or sinking version? And are you bringing it in on straight retrieve or working it? I’ve used a pencil at night but never thought to try a popper. 

Sinking 2 3/8 oz version....... slowly swim it bringing it in to your feet.  I’ve had them smash the red gill 15 ft ahead of me ....

On 3/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, GilV said:

I think it comes from growing up poor

My parents were frugal. No doubt that left a desire for me to get what I want, yet another part of me doesn't like to be owned by things. So I've  a push and a pull ambivalence about acquiring lures. 

That said, I do need some bottle poppers and a couple of those Gibbs Skippers.

I like the talkin poppers because of their cost. Feels less traumatic when I lose one. 

Edited by TroutGhost

On 06/03/2019 at 7:28 AM, SlackTideBri said:

Tsunami poppers do have water intrusion with heavy use and they start to split at the head. Banging them on rocks doesn't help but for $10 you can't go wrong. Fishing them I'll give it 3-4 quick pops and pause maximizing time in the water letting the plug sell itself. 

I agree there.

I had two with almost 1/2 ounce of water inside. Drilled them, dried them, loaded them to 2.5

without hardware, resealed around the wires with Gorilla. I'll see if that works...

^..^

Edited by snapper1

If I am only going to buy one (for now) Super Strike Little Neck popper for fishing the eastern CT shore would you suggest sinking or floating? It will be a 1.5 oz lure. Thanks.

So i just realized there are 3 different models of the Tsunami Talking poppers.  TS, GT and XD version are available to purchase but if you go to the Bimini Bay Outfitters website, it only shows the TS version.  All 3 say they have the weight transfer system in it for long distance casting.  Maybe the XD version is slightly heavier for longer casts??  Im curious.....

9 hours ago, TroutGhost said:

My parents were frugal. No doubt that left a desire for me to get what I want, yet another part of me doesn't like to be owned by things. So I've  a push and a pull ambivalence about acquiring lures. 

That said, I do need some bottle poppers and a couple of those Gibbs Skippers.

I like the talkin poppers because of their cost. Feels less traumatic when I lose one. 

Great "Bombs Away" lure right there !! :th: