Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
titleguy

Farmington

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Headed down there this weekend for my first time.  Planning on swinging streamers on my trout spey, maybe a little Czech nymphing and hoping for some dry fly action.  Any and all input welcome.

Stop in at UpCountry in New Hartford, right next to the river. I live near there, but haven't fished for trout in years. Nice fish in the area though. 

Fished that and the Housatonic on a trip last year.  Plenty of good water and quality fish.  It was June though, so sulphers and buggers did the trick for me.  Winter you got me there....

The bear that swam past me puckered me up for a second, but he had tastier things on his mind thankfully.

Farmington is a great spot, I've spent a good number of days fishing there. You may get a little action on the streamers, but I would say it's going to be a small midge sorta deal for best odds of success. Surely Steve is the authority on this though

is Steve the guy whom has caught trout on the river every month of the year on a dry fly?  works or hangs out at upcountry sports?

23 hours ago, srm413 said:

is Steve the guy whom has caught trout on the river every month of the year on a dry fly?  works or hangs out at upcountry sports?

Steve Culton. Has his own guide business, writes and fishes. Has his own blog...can't post that here. He's on here as "The Fisherman"

Gorgeous water and pretty place.  UpCountry Sportfishing is a terrific shop as well. Fished the upper rover from the dam to the Riverton Bridge.  One fish apiece on streamers.  I will go back....