bonefishdick

Albie Fly

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, bonefishdick said:

I think it just seemed like a lot of glue from the glue gun at every step and that it somehow looked like the fly would be very rigid and that it would not have very much movement when in the water exept fot the tail. I will say it looked to be very durable.

It has practically no movement in the water, but it’s without contest my most productive fly for false albacore. They hate it. 

On 3/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, bonefishdick said:

I think it just seemed like a lot of glue from the glue gun at every step and that it somehow looked like the fly would be very rigid and that it would not have very much movement when in the water exept fot the tail. I will say it looked to be very durable.

it's such a simple pattern that is complicated with the glue gun, sparse two feather tail, one large lateral line flash on each side, estaz body with a feather palmered and then eyes.  I usually skip the palmered feather and they work fine

On 3/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, bonefishdick said:

Not many videos on albie whore, did see one I found very disturbing, the one with the glue gun. Really looking for the Dart'r, I was just hoping there might be one on line not a big deal, I can always message Joe for materials list and instructions.

Albie whore, in white, here on Long Island's albie run is a productive fly. Glue gun? Yes. 

On 3/6/2019 at 5:49 PM, Seadogg said:

It has practically no movement in the water, but it’s without contest my most productive fly for false albacore. They hate it. 

Agree!