bonefishdick

Albie Fly

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I also posted this question in the fly tying section.

I have been seeing some pictures of a fly that I am assuming is relatively new. I checked Youtube for a video but came up empty. I was wondering if anyone had a step x step on how to tie this fly

It is called a "Albie Dart'r"

BFD.  Another one like it is

The White Albie *hore fly.  It’s on You Tube 

almost like the dart er.   

Check it out ccb

Not many videos on albie whore, did see one I found very disturbing, the one with the glue gun. Really looking for the Dart'r, I was just hoping there might be one on line not a big deal, I can always message Joe for materials list and instructions.

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, bonefishdick said:

Not many videos on albie whore, did see one I found very disturbing, the one with the glue gun. Really looking for the Dart'r, I was just hoping there might be one on line not a big deal, I can always message Joe for materials list and instructions.

Dick I think the picture in the link Ted posted illustrates clearly what materials are required and looks simple enough to tie.

These are tied with craft fur but the Dart'r looks like bucktail, hackle, flash and crystal chenille.

627.JPG

Edited by sidelock

18 mins ago, bonefishdick said:

The link I posted doesn't give an SBS but it lists the materials and a couple pics of the finished fly,most interesting of which is the specific use of bucktail from the base of the tail.

I've seen the glue video.I think that might actually be the guy who first tied it?

If I may ask,what's so disturbing about it?

1 hour ago, slip n slide said:

The link I posted doesn't give an SBS but it lists the materials and a couple pics of the finished fly,most interesting of which is the specific use of bucktail from the base of the tail.

I've seen the glue video.I think that might actually be the guy who first tied it?

If I may ask,what's so disturbing about it?

I think it just seemed like a lot of glue from the glue gun at every step and that it somehow looked like the fly would be very rigid and that it would not have very much movement when in the water exept fot the tail. I will say it looked to be very durable.

1 hour ago, ccb said:

The one I saw was Albie *hore    

It kind of like a Schminnow / by Norm 

I think the best day I had on Albies was a few years ago when I used a Chernobyl Schminnow, they could not resist it and thenI made  "bonehead" mistake and dropped the fly down in the rocks after I released a fish and lost it. It was the only one I had with me that day. I don't even remember how one of my Snook fly's ended up in with my Striper & Albie flies.

1 hour ago, JCH said:

The ones in the link look remarkably like a Murdich minnow.

The Murdich tail is all artificial materials....no? Maybe a murdich/albie 'hore hybrid?

6 mins ago, bonefishdick said:

I think it just seemed like a lot of glue from the glue gun at every step and that it somehow looked like the fly would be very rigid and that it would not have very much movement when in the water exept fot the tail. I will say it looked to be very durable.

Yeah,can't bring myself to go that route either,but maybe the extra weight plays into the way it fishes? I dunno.Not my cup of tea,although I do use adhesive after every tie in of materials...just not hot glue.Or light cure.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

It did but it looked like you could make a copy of it pretty close to a Schminnow real fast ? 

It would please anything that swims? 

Edited by ccb

I got a pm from Joe and now I have all me answers. Joe is sending me some of the eyes he uses in the mail. I have the rest of the materials already.

I will post some pictures when I am done, I suspect that will be sometime after me surgery and before Alvie season.

Thanks for the replies and input