t_man7

Show me your collab plugs

25 posts in this topic

57 mins ago, smellfish said:

I once owned a Fixter ~Skippy collaboration plug. They are unique and different in every way.

Who did the build and who did the paint?

24 mins ago, MorningWood said:

Here's a Winch Fixter collaboration Winxter

P1180199.JPG

P1180200.JPG

P1180201.JPG

I don’t know Kevin, it’s still pretty new. Juss kiddin. Awesome pikie!

Edited by telecronista
Grammar

Here"s my story of these two plugs. In the early 2000's Tony Spina bought out all of the remaining stock, finished and unfinished, tools etc from the widow of deceased plug builder Makati Lures from Toms River.  I helped with the move and in doing so I saw that Makati made two sizes in bottle plugs. I was never a fan of Makati as they looked good but did not swim well at all and the paint would peel after one use. I also never knew he did a bottle and had only tried his swimmers and needles.

I took a few of the bottles in different colors and every one swam perfectly right out of the package.  I was used to Gibbs bottles that maybe one out of four would swim good.

A few years later I was fishing with Gary 2 one day and we talked plug building of course. I mentions the great bottles that I had at home, how disappointing the paint was and asked Gary if he would paint a couple for me. He agreed and I gave him 4 new bottles and told him to do 2 in Wonderbread and 2 in Raritan Bay Bunker.  I said you keep 2 and give me 2 and he agreed.

I still have my 2 and I know Gary gave one to our old friend 8Ball who passed away about a year ago.  I know Sudsy has one but I lost track of the other.

Here are the pics of these one of a kind beauties from one of the best builders/painters ever.  Enjoy !  RIP Gary, miss you.

IMG_1690 (1).JPG

IMG_1689 (1).JPG

IMG_1691 (1).JPG

IMG_1694 (1).JPG

IMG_1692 (1).JPG

IMG_1693 (1).JPG

21 hours ago, MorningWood said:

Your mahi is gorgeous but I'm not sure rare is the proper term.

I was right there when Black Talon told the kid to NEVER part with that plug, it's a very special one.

T Man - I hear you're a pretty hardcore fisherman. Keith was super happy you won it and had nothing but good things to say about you.

7 mins ago, CharlieK said:

Here"s my story of these two plugs. In the early 2000's Tony Spina bought out all of the remaining stock, finished and unfinished, tools etc from the widow of deceased plug builder Makati Lures from Toms River.  I helped with the move and in doing so I saw that Makati made two sizes in bottle plugs. I was never a fan of Makati as they looked good but did not swim well at all and the paint would peel after one use. I also never knew he did a bottle and had only tried his swimmers and needles.

I took a few of the bottles in different colors and every one swam perfectly right out of the package.  I was used to Gibbs bottles that maybe one out of four would swim good.

A few years later I was fishing with Gary 2 one day and we talked plug building of course. I mentions the great bottles that I had at home, how disappointing the paint was and asked Gary if he would paint a couple for me. He agreed and I gave him 4 new bottles and told him to do 2 in Wonderbread and 2 in Raritan Bay Bunker.  I said you keep 2 and give me 2 and he agreed.

I still have my 2 and I know Gary gave one to our old friend 8Ball who passed away about a year ago.  I know Sudsy has one but I lost track of the other.

Here are the pics of these one of a kind beauties from one of the best builders/painters ever.  Enjoy !  RIP Gary, miss you.

I have the Wonderbread Polaris Popper

Until you told this story a few months ago I had no idea what it was. It's not signed so it was one of the leftovers after Barb sold off / donated most of Garys stuff.

Thing casts and swims even better than a sinking Super Strike. I used it once and put it away to figure out how to duplicate it.

A Gary / Tony link Now I'm damned glad I put it away