Striper Silly

Berkeley Fishing Club / What did u get?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Here's my big haul :) large Mambo minnow $10.  The couple other things I would have bought I couldn't find.  Walked right in about 30 mins after opening.  Decent size crowd. Less than previous years I think.  Lots of high priced plugs still left and going no where fast.  I think the plug crazy has jumped the shark.  The state of the fishery doesn't help either.  Probably will be my last time going. 

mambo.jpeg

My finds in the bargain bins...all for less than $25....plug makers did not seem to be doing well .....

Resized_20190303_160649_4420.jpeg

1 hour ago, hobobob said:

I came for scabelly, left with a bit more extra. 

20190303_172959-1305x979.jpg.95790a0c4516ed28c2b35abcbfeb4406.jpg

I scored one of those Scabelly orange n black bunker gliders too. Eager to see how I do with it.

I went to the Sportsmen's show in Suffern NY and picked up some socks, some senko worms, a bottle of mustard, and a bunch of spools of braid. Sorry to disappoint.

31 mins ago, MorningWood said:

I went to the Sportsmen's show in Suffern NY and picked up some socks, some senko worms, a bottle of mustard, and a bunch of spools of braid. Sorry to disappoint.

And I was ready to say Hello, and you weren't there. :wave:

3 mins ago, MorningWood said:

:wave: No I spent too much at Surf Day. Getting too old for the lines also.

But we had the best weather in many a year, sucked yesterday and will suck tomorrow since it's raining here now, today was above freezing with no precipitation.  Next year...

Picked up the MAK pouch from an SOL guy. I was told the white pikie is a refinished wooden giant creek chub. Not sure who makes the rainbow troller but I got it for 5$ (anyone know who it is?)

IMG_1402.jpg.ce5f13f7c9268b4841982e3c43e0913d.jpg

38 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Picked up the MAK pouch from an SOL guy. I was told the white pikie is a refinished wooden giant creek chub. Not sure who makes the rainbow troller but I got it for 5$ (anyone know who it is?)

The rainbow looks like one of mine from about 1990 era. Driftwood Lures and it was called a "Cobra". Tony  Spina (my partner and mentor) and his friends would troll them in Raritan Bay and did well. I wasn't there because anybody who knows me knows the Charlie doesn't go on boats.

Nice pickup at $5

43 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

The rainbow looks like one of mine from about 1990 era. Driftwood Lures and it was called a "Cobra". Tony  Spina (my partner and mentor) and his friends would troll them in Raritan Bay and did well. I wasn't there because anybody who knows me knows the Charlie doesn't go on boats.

Nice pickup at $5.

I would like to see a pic of the front, back and bottom of the Creek Chub repainted. 

2 mins ago, CharlieK said:

Nice pickup at $5

Thanks for turning such a fine plug