Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBreese1

A big thank you to everyone who organizes the food flings

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I just want to thank everyone who works to make the food flings the great events that they are. Terry Mac, Ben Lippen, JMB, Derick, Tim, Carol and everyone else who chips in with the auctions, set up, clean up and logistics. Also a big thanks to all the generous members who donate so much to the auctions. Spigola, morning wood and everyone else. The food is always amazing and it has become my favorite get together out of all the events. It is great to see old friends and meet new ones.

I was the fortunate winner of the custom wrapped rainshadow rod this year and was blown away. I never win stuff like that. I have been fishing for over 50 years and that rod is the nicest piece of gear I have ever owned. I searched all the threads and can't find who donated the blank and who wrapped it. I spoke to the gentlemen at the fling, but can't remember his S.O.L. screen name. I just want to thank him or them for their generosity.  I will cherish that rod and work hard to do it justice. If you have never gone to a S.O.L. fling you are cheating yourself out of an great experience and opportunity to make new, great friends.

Jim

Posted (edited) · Report post

It really is a fun event and it takes so many to pull it off. I got   to the Elks a little after 10am and Glub, T Mac and Derrick were already there and half the place was already set up. Are new bartender Sue was awesome. Mrs Biggene was her amazing self as usual and on her birthday to boot. Hats off to my grill masters, EricJ, boB and MikeMc who did an outstanding job. Even Landyroo got on the grill to cook the amazing kielbasa that he brought. Mrs Peaches with another great year  of handling all the money for the auction tickets and general money collected. The members who generously donated so many great auction pieces. Hats off to all the terrific food cooked and donated. The young kids that always make the day so fun and the work they do calling off the winning action numbers. I’m sure I’ve missed other people that make the day such a huge success but you are not unnoticed. And a special thanks to Tim and Carole for putting this thing we call SOL together. Thanks again everyone for putting on an incredible day. Oh, and thanks to the members of the Elks for providing a great place to hold this event.

Edited by JMB

BUMP, I am still trying to find out who donated and wrapped the rainshadow rod that I won. The work is amazing and I have some questions about the blank.  I just want to thank them again.

Jim

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, JBreese1 said:

BUMP, I am still trying to find out who donated and wrapped the rainshadow rod that I won. The work is amazing and I have some questions about the blank.  I just want to thank them again.

Jim

His SOL name is red dog 61

On 3/4/2019 at 7:05 PM, JBreese1 said:

Jim

Hey Jim, ask away or shoot me a pm, glad to answer what i can....glad you like it

Red Dog 61  Thank you for donating such an generous item to our food fling auction.  I still cant believe that I won it. I never win anything big like that.  The craftsmanship is incredible!!  I have been fishing for 50+ years but have never owned any gear of such high quality. The fact that it came from S.O.L.'s fund raising event makes it even more special to me.   For now I am going to use an Penn Battle I picked up 2 years ago on it, but plan on saving up for an more appropriate reel for it. What blank did you build it on? I have been telling my non S.O.L. fishing buddies about it and they were asking.

Thank you again for your generocity

Jim Breese

38 mins ago, JBreese1 said:

Red Dog 61  Thank you for donating such an generous item to our food fling auction.  I still cant believe that I won it. I never win anything big like that.  The craftsmanship is incredible!!  I have been fishing for 50+ years but have never owned any gear of such high quality. The fact that it came from S.O.L.'s fund raising event makes it even more special to me.   For now I am going to use an Penn Battle I picked up 2 years ago on it, but plan on saving up for an more appropriate reel for it. What blank did you build it on? I have been telling my non S.O.L. fishing buddies about it and they were asking.

Thank you again for your generocity

Jim Breese

Hey Jim, its a rainshadow su1266f  rated 2-5 ounces...you can do a search on here and probably find some more info on it, it was my pleasure to build and donate for such a good cause...wont be long now, enjoy it.

1 min ago, red dog 61 said:

Hey Jim, its a rainshadow su1266f  rated 2-5 ounces...you can do a search on here and probably find some more info on it, it was my pleasure to build and donate for such a good cause...wont be long now, enjoy it.

Thanks again Paul :)

Yes, Thanks again Paul. Hope to see you at our next get together, [The Goya Fling]  Sometimes the timing works out where we can catch our Raritan Bay Tarpon afterwards.  [HUGE,HUMUNGOUS, CRACK HEADS ON STEROIDS 20 # + BLUEFISH]

Jim

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0