Sudsy

March 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

489 posts in this topic

Bdowning , I’m glad you found my post helpful . If your interested in cinder worms & or fishing a “hatch” check out Capt. Cast a Fly in the Flyfishing Forum . He is instrumental in a seminar run each spring up in Ninigrit R.I. These folks forgot more about cinder worms than I’ll ever know lol . Bill J 

19 hours ago, ferret said:

Maximizer can be found at walmart $84, but i thought I've seen similar for much cheaper

20190305_162339.jpg

One of the advantages of the Maximizer is once you fill it up [You can then say - "I have enough Plugs"]

8 mins ago, cfishon said:

One of the advantages of the Maximizer is once you fill it up [You can then say - "I have enough Plugs"]

Now now lets not go around spreading false rumors about having enough plugs. 

20 hours ago, ferret said:

Maximizer can be found at walmart $84, but i thought I've seen similar for much cheaper

20190305_162339.jpg

Almost looks like @TimS but I knew it wasn't him because the guy in this pic is ripped.

41 mins ago, cfishon said:

I'd need a few of those. 

Many people that post here have full blown tackle stores in their vehicles. Not too many leave everything in plain sight. Crate, case or whatever is usually always covered.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:35 AM, DragonsLax48 said:

Still awaiting the first casts of the season. Came up wth a storage solution for the plugs... half way done. One more crate should do the trick (I hope)

295945CD-F137-42FB-88CE-410E56A397C4.JPG.b348456e67fe4721b7ed76867cf41d05.JPG57335533750__202B30A9-2F41-4AA6-800B-B135D1CAC431.JPG.0e78033d597d2957510ebe31e6150add.JPG

Get a thin plastic mat for the bottom of the crate, I used an outdoor place mat cut to my crate size that I punched a few small holes in for drainage. This keeps any lures from snagging the crate or whatever its sitting on if the lure drops down the tubes.

10 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

Not sure why you would need to bring that many lures. And crooks aren't stupid.

If you fish plugs over the years and accrue and arsenal of offerings you will understand.  It's hard to leave home without the one you don't know you'll need until you don't have it.  Like an addiction once you force yourself to break from that habit it becomes easier to leave em at home. 

11 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

Its for in home storage. I bring what I need and Ill bring the crate if I want. Crooks are extremely stupid, thats why theyre crooks and couldnt get a real job.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, fishless said:

This thread already has 3200 views.  How many of the visitors/non members who viewed immediately googled Rumor River.

:clap:

12 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

I have a crate 5x more packed than that.  I bring it, I'm not driving 220 miles with one small bag of stuff.  Often times the wind/weather predictions are way off and what I had planned to throw wouldn't be ideal at all if I only packed what I thought I would need.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Can we please go back to skunking reports. I'll have one ready this saturday. :howdy: cant wait. 

Edited by adoboboy

So what are you guys throwing on your first outing? I'll be in the back somewhere... Is it worth throwing artificials yet or is deadsticking the way to go?