Sudsy

March 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

489 posts in this topic

1 min ago, daves745t said:

But whatever you use, do yourself a favor and line bottom of the inside of the crate with something solid before putting the tubes in & filling them with plugs (I used rectangular sheets of the Styrofoam insulating material - super light, cheap & easy to cut).  There's nothing worse than when a plug falls through the tube and snags whatever you've set it on or on the crate itself & you end up taking everything out just to get that treble unstuck.

Good idea. I like the styrofoam idea. Will water drain through it or should I come up with an idea to help drainage? I can always punch some holes in the foam.

4 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Still awaiting the first casts of the season. Came up wth a storage solution for the plugs... half way done. One more crate should do the trick (I hope)

295945CD-F137-42FB-88CE-410E56A397C4.JPG.b348456e67fe4721b7ed76867cf41d05.JPG57335533750__202B30A9-2F41-4AA6-800B-B135D1CAC431.JPG.0e78033d597d2957510ebe31e6150add.JPG

these can be purchased on the cheap, an open crate full of plugs is asking for a busted window in a night time parking lot

20190305_160913.jpg

20190305_160918.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Good idea. I like the styrofoam idea. Will water drain through it or should I come up with an idea to help drainage? I can always punch some holes in the foam.

I keep them inside my vehicle, but the crate itself is full of holes ;)

I just had this vision of you strapping that crateful of plugs to your back and wading out to a rock LOL

As far as the other poster and the fear of getting your vehicle broken into, I always carry a beach towel and throw it over them - however, unless I'm traveling some kind of distance to fish, like Montauk - then I'm not taking the crate, I'm just filling my bag and when I can't decide what to bring (or leave behind), I throw the extras in plastic container and call it a night.

I find that the problem with a lot of those boxes is that they're not tall enough for my pencils and/or needles when the heads are sticking up a couple of inches.

Edited by daves745t

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Whats the name of that storage box? @ferret

Maximizer can be found at walmart $84, but i thought I've seen similar for much cheaper

20190305_162339.jpg

Edited by ferret

3 hours ago, Matt Szwagulinski said:

Weather is looking promising next week!

Sunday looks good, warmer at least. Since Sunday is my birthday in sure I'll be able to convince wifey that I have to go for a couple hours. That or maybe Saturday night.

7 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

Nobody should have to look at that in the NJ forum. 

I couldn't agree more :banghd:

11 hours ago, Spigola said:

I got word of fish with stripes on bloodworms in a tidal river. 

U just caused a stampede :p.

23 mins ago, yarddog59 said:

The Rumor River!!!!

This thread already has 3200 views.  How many of the visitors/non members who viewed immediately googled Rumor River.