Sudsy

March 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

310 posts in this topic

50 mins ago, Slowwwride said:

Totally, I might go throw a black sp around in a little but yeah it was dead city. Nuttin good going on. Even the bunker schools have pushed off or died off

Ah shucks. I'm thinking about shooting down to the seashore Saturday. Water should warm this week a bit

I took a walk down to my local Jetty today.  I took a few casts with a bucktail and SP with no hits.  I was not really expecting to catch anything, more just wanted to cast the rod a little bit.  I did, however, see an osprey dive into the water and catch a bunker.  The bunker was so big that after three attempts of flying out of the water and only reaching about a foot above the ocean he decided to drop it and fly away.  It must have been the biggest bunker I have ever seen in my life.  I doubt any bass smaller than 30# are eating bait that size...

1 hour ago, hurricane1091 said:

Ah shucks. I'm thinking about shooting down to the seashore Saturday. Water should warm this week a bit

By next week it may be.... as the kids say.... LIT.  Any day now in my little corner of the bay sea shore it’s going to go off. I’ll miss it, of course.

Was out in RB yesterday on both sides of the tide. I did not see a single take from anyone. As we were leaving we did watch a good size group of gulls dive into the water after something. Did not see what they were after though. 

I was out in the back of MoCo yesterday from 1000-1200. I didn't catch anything but did see a dried bunker head on the shore and a live but hurt bunker along the waters edge. Tossed him back in but he was circling up top on his side. My bucktail also scared a small school of some 1" baitfish but I have no idea what they could've been. I'm planning on going back out next weekend so hopefully things turn on soon.