Sudsy

March 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

489 posts in this topic

1 min ago, hurricane1091 said:

Is it too soon to spend time trying for winter flounder?, Never done it before. 

No, right on time. Water temps are where they have to be. 48-55, depending on tide and time of day. Catch em up. 

52 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

No, right on time. Water temps are where they have to be. 48-55, depending on tide and time of day. Catch em up. 

Thanks. I didn't think they were that warm, was only seeing 39 degrees but maybe that was out front

33 mins ago, ATH1089 said:

Legitimate reason: Is there any reason not to grab the bunker that have washed up and freeze them for later?

Not if you like having frozen mush on a hook

1 min ago, HighEndHooker said:

Not if you like having frozen mush on a hook

Frozen bunker has never been a problem for me in the past. Keeping it hidden from the girlfriend is a bit of a challenge though.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Got out for the first time today.  Fished Monmouth county.  Too many bunker.  The kept getting tangled in the line.  It felt good to wet a line though.

Edited by dlevitt
I can't spell

Got home from some overtime today and said ehhh what the heck. I’ll give it an hour. Needless to say I finally broke the skunk. Wind had me tucked away in the back today. Bloodworms on a home made sabiki was the trick. 

B112BDF8-D272-42DE-8272-D8A9349F8A9B.jpeg