March 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Sudsy

11 hours ago, jackson515 said:

On bait or jig? I remember a few years ago, I was using a small 1/32 oz jig and thought I hooked a tank walleye, but it turned out to be a channel cat

Bait. I had 1 other small take but no hookup, probably a perch. Best bite resulted in no hookup but felt like another catfish...it's early but first fish of the year so I will take it. Might make my way to the salt this weekend.

Just put in a few hours in back of Moco. Got to one spot and i saw what looked to be a blitz breaking out. Water blowing up. Bunker beaching themselves. Thousands of adult.  Couldnt believe it. threw everything but the kitchen sink. Nada. Couple of the ones that were beached had bite marks in their backs. Moved to another spot..Less action their but still some bunker flipping with some scattered bird play. I follow weather pretty closely and it looks like we are going to have a true spring for the first time in years. as in temps consistently between 54 and 60. I think its about to turn on any moment. 77 degrees today def turned it up a couple degrees.  a warm rain storm or two willl help.  

Edited by joefishnj21

Hit a tidal river on the outgoing as fast as I could possibly get there after work. Water was moving too fast at this spot but I chucked some bait anyway. Skunk for me. Watched the line of storms start to roll in from a ways off which was relaxing. Won’t be long now

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

Currently observing large schools of adult bunker up north

Update... didn't catch anything other than accidentally snagging said bunker. Dead bunker along the bank, some with bite marks others just appeared to have beached and died. What is chasing these guys??? Was out for some time and did not observe any wildlife in the area

Edited by Slowwwride

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

If the bites are ragged then probably seals

Bluefish have already shown up in Barnegate so if the bites are clean it might be them

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

• Sudsy locked this topic