Sudsy

March 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

297 posts in this topic

Rules for the thread..............

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

As a collective group I hope we can all fish for a greater cause this spring. It is known that the stock is in trouble, but still salvagable. Please release the females properly, and keep a modest amount for the dinner table if you so choose.

Sudsy,

That quote you brought over from the DragonsLax post in the February forum is great, but can you post in in BOLD print in the Boaters a Forum?

went out yesterday on my backbay jetty.  Water was rough and got soaked.  Not a bite but it felt great to wet the lures a bit.  Looks like March will be a SOB weather wise.  Hopefully, we can get a few days in.

I'm really contemplating giving some sweetwater a try soon...Theres been hundreds of gulls along the bank of the queen of rivers, for a couple weeks now.  I have yet to see any diving action but then again i observe only to and from my way to work. 

I'm thinking of giving it a shot during an afternoon incoming tide, maybe slow-fish some soft plastics. There should be a chance of catching some perch, no? I've caught yellow and also white perch at this spot as "bycatch."

My initial thought is these seagulls are there for a reason--food. Does anyone have any insight as to what's up with all the seagulls? 

I see a crap load of gulls crossing a bridge over a tidal river in central nj often.  There’s a landfill on the far bank. There always there.  

13 hours ago, Frugal Fisherman said:

I'm really contemplating giving some sweetwater a try soon...Theres been hundreds of gulls along the bank of the queen of rivers, for a couple weeks now.  I have yet to see any diving action but then again i observe only to and from my way to work. 

I'm thinking of giving it a shot during an afternoon incoming tide, maybe slow-fish some soft plastics. There should be a chance of catching some perch, no? I've caught yellow and also white perch at this spot as "bycatch."

My initial thought is these seagulls are there for a reason--food. Does anyone have any insight as to what's up with all the seagulls? 

We're close to a new moon so I suppose a worm hatch isnt out of the question. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

51 mins ago, fishless said:

What's the wager on that avatar, how long must it be on display?

who's the handsomer fisherman, lasts until he becomes more handsomer or the Jets win the super bowl, so basically forever

Edited by ferret