Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yemista

seaworms

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

They use em for smelt fishing up in Maine dont they?.  Maybe call a bait wholesaler like Tom's and see if he can order them?  Orif he knows who to call.

In Mass, good luck even thru most of April. I know, I have tried, and struck out in mid to late April last year when I wanted to give flounder a go. There was one place that was a maybe, but I forget where. And I think most of them come thru a guy in Middleboro(?)that distributes to most of the shops.

Yup, Tom's in Middleboro....last year talking to other shops, they all told me that he is the one that sends them out, so he would be the first to have them.

35 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Yup, Tom's in Middleboro....last year talking to other shops, they all told me that he is the one that sends them out, so he would be the first to have them.

Thanks!

On 3/1/2019 at 2:22 PM, Steve in Mass said:

In Mass, good luck even thru most of April. I know, I have tried, and struck out in mid to late April last year when I wanted to give flounder a go. There was one place that was a maybe, but I forget where. And I think most of them come thru a guy in Middleboro(?)that distributes to most of the shops.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get to any flounder fishing? That was my goal for finding seaworms as well. Did you end up using squid instead?

Seaworms start doing the wild thing in Buzzards in another week or two........They will be swimming about everywhere and when u see seaworms the quahogs will start coming up out of their deep winter sleep and be easier to catch.........

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, yemista said:

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get to any flounder fishing? That was my goal for finding seaworms as well. Did you end up using squid instead?

I used some night crawlers from my garden, some squid strips, some clam lips, and some mussels. That particular trip last year was a skunk. For early season flounder you need the weather and tides and location to all come together. And frankly, without seaworms, I lose confidence in my bait offering, be that psychological or not.

In the past I have had luck though as early as late April in the particular spot I go.

Edited by Steve in Mass

21 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

I used some night crawlers from my garden, some squid strips, some clam lips, and some mussels. That particular trip last year was a skunk. For early season flounder you need the weather and tides and location to all come together. And frankly, without seaworms, I lose confidence in my bait offering, be that psychological or not.

In the past I have had luck though as early as late April in the particular spot I go.

FWIW I always found mussels to out fish any kind of sea worm in the spring.