Harf

Does the Fall of Historical statues end in Gettysburg?

Rate this topic

379 posts in this topic

From Civil war to Presidential slaver owners and now John Wayne these Social Terrorist need to be confronted.  They know this and wanted to avoid it for As Long as Possible.  Last year Gettysburg was mention but their Leaders decided it was not the time YET…
So where (Location) does the Conflict occur?

I don't see it happening at Gettysburg. Hope not, been there many times. It isn't a single monument to honor a single person that would be perceived as southern hero/slave owner. It is about a battle to defeat that and keep the Union whole.

The PG regulars hate participation trophies.

I don't know why you care so much about participation trophies for the South coming in last during their treasonous war about a state's right to own human beings as property in order to exploit and abuse those slaves for economical gain.

I hope not either, but I never thought I’d hear about 10 year old kids getting hormone shots for preferred sex identification.
This freak show ain’t stopping until its confronted.  Last year there was mention of Gettysburg, but the feedback sent a message to the freak show handlers this might not be a good time.

2 mins ago, zak-striper said:

The PG regulars hate participation trophies.

I don't know why you care so much about participation trophies for the South coming in last during their treasonous war about a state's right to own human beings as property in order to exploit and abuse those slaves for economical gain.

I hope you are not ignorant enough to believe that's what the civil war was about

1 min ago, Harf said:

I hope you are not ignorant enough to believe that's what the civil war was about

I correctly stated that it was about "state's rights".

It was about a state's right to own human beings as property to be exploited for economical gain.

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I correctly stated that it was about "state's rights".

It was about a state's right to own human beings as property to be exploited for economical gain.

It was about money, slaves and human rights were the feel good part of it that came later 

Edited by Harf

I live fairly close to Gettysburg and drive through it frequently.  Both Union and Confederate monuments and statuary are standing four-score everywhere.  (See what I did there.:p)  With each passing through town I keep thinking when will the ridiculous anti-Confederate kaos begin in Gettysburg... hopefully never.

Posted (edited) · Report post

31 mins ago, Harf said:

It was about money, slaves and human rights were the feel good part of it that came later 

Try reading the declarations of succession by the treasonous Southern States. I'd link to them but Tim doesn't allow links in the PG.

Slavery is a predominate theme in all of them. In fact, slavery is such a predominant theme of the declarations, right wingers who are trying to re-write that truth should be ashamed for ignoring the truth.

This is from Mississippi's declaration of succession. 

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."

(It being the U.S.)

It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

It tramples the original equality of the South under foot.

It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.

Edited by zak-striper

8 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Try reading the declarations of succession by the treasonous Southern States I'd link to them but Tim doesn't allow links in the PG.

Slavery is a predominate theme in all of them. In fact, slavery is such a predominant theme of the declarations, right wingers who are trying to re-write that truth should be ashamed for ignoring the truth.

This is from Mississippi's declaration of succession. 

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove."

(It being the U.S.)

It has grown until it denies the right of property in slaves, and refuses protection to that right on the high seas, in the Territories, and wherever the government of the United States had jurisdiction.

It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

It tramples the original equality of the South under foot.

It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain.

It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.

When does this statue come down?

This guy was a Racist... and when I say Racist I mean.. in the truest sense of the word.

When is the right time to move against this monument to a racist? 

Lincoln-statue-web.jpg

Treasonous is not a word that can apply to states prior to the 14th amendment.

In civil war times the Fed was not considered superior to states, and the 10th amendment was to make clear that the Fed gov had NO powers other than the few put into its founding charter.

Lincoln changed all that as did later amendments.  By beating a pile of states (for whatever the perceived reason or reasons) he basically said "ok states can do what they want, as long as they have more guns money and men that we here in the Federation do."

11 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

When does this statue come down?

This guy was a Racist... and when I say Racist I mean.. in the truest sense of the word.

When is the right time to move against this monument to a racist? 

He saved the Union and issued the Emancipation Proclamation. Why should it come down?

11 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

How about this one?

Why should it? A great general and a great 1st president.

I actually don't think any of the participation trophies for the treasonous Confederates need to be destroyed. However, they don't belong in the center of town, prominently displayed. They should be moved to cemeteries or Civil War spaces like Gettysburg. 

Every been to Richmond, Virginia? They have avenue, Monument Avenue, that has statue after statue of treasonous Confederates like R.E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, etc. These traitors don't need to be celebrated in the center of town. Move them to a Civil War cemetery or a Civil War battleground. These participation trophies were erected more to celebrate whitey and to intimidate African-Americans during times of civil rights movements.

4 mins ago, zak-striper said:

He saved the Union and issued the Emancipation Proclamation. Why should it come down?

Because he was a Racist... why are we memorializing a Racist?

Should we move the whole thing to some remote out of the way cemetery somewhere?