WoodyCT

Making Your Own Custom Eyes - Anyone tried it?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I've designed an eye I want to use on plugs.

I am clued in to laser printing on water slide paper, but I'm hung up on how to edit the image without a sophisticated software. 

Anyone have expertise in Photoshop or similar and willingness to answer some questions?

I started with the water slide paper but i had issues with it,1 my laser printer messed up the glue(instructions stated to have printer off and cool before turning it on and immediately printing,) 2 the glue got wet on some plugs during rough use and the eyes melted off. I now print on tissue paper(fully taped onto regular paper on three sides so that it goes through the printer without jamming) and epoxy them on with 5 minute.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:35 PM, WoodyCT said:

I am clued in to laser printing on water slide paper, but I'm hung up on how to edit the image without a sophisticated software. 

Anyone have expertise in Photoshop or similar and willingness to answer some questions?

Gimp is nearly as powerful as PS and free. What's your image editing question? 

I know photoshop ask away. I would use Illustrator instead though. Vectors are alot easier to work with and can be sized without losing resolution.

OK. I have been working with Power Point but it's not going to cut it to make something high quality. 

I am trying to use pics layered on each other to create a center and outer region part of the eye. Additionally I will add a black pupil.

I have found images, low res so far, but there is complicated cropping needed... like down to the pixel level. I know some programs have the ability to 'lasso' feature to pluck part of an image, but I don't have anything but PP.

Complicating things is that one of the images I want to use is solar eclipse that has an irregular shape and a black background... which I can't use on light colored plugs.  The black has to go... somehow.

Photoshop is intimidating. Hoping there is something for the amateur graphic designer.

Also, any tips on finding high res images would be great.

These aren't the actual pics, but they serve the purpose.

CLIPSE.jpg

MOON.jpg

I was looking into this after seeing some the prices on the fancy eyes available online ..  it’s long vid but explains the whole process completely ... I’m very tempted to try 

On 2/28/2019 at 3:35 PM, WoodyCT said:

Sure, I can help with a Photoshop or Illustrator questions.