Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrinceAlbertLure

(New Shimano Reel) SpeedMaster 14000XTC

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I heard this will be released the 1st week of March.

Has anyone heard any more about this?

(Excerpt below, as direct links are not allowed)

With the needed gear durability and Shimano’s Hi-Speed Drag to put the brakes on big fish, surf anglers are now offered Shimano’s new SpeedMaster 14000XTC. Designed with features proven to handle the surf, the new SpeedMaster surf reel retails for $149.99 (USD), and will be making its debut at the World Fishing & Outdoor Expo this weekend in Suffern, N.Y., the Saltwater Fishing Expo in Edison, N.J. on March 15, and the New England Saltwater Fishing Show in Providence, R.I. on March 22.

Surf anglers will experience Shimano’s X-Ship technology in the new SpeedMaster 14000XTC reel, where large precision cut gears and increased bearing support allows them to reel with maximum pressure when fighting big fish. “Add in our Super Slow Oscillation that puts line back on the spool perfectly to contribute to your next long-distance cast,” said Trey Epich with Shimano’s product development staff, “along with the added comfort of Parallel Body design, and anglers have an ideal reel to target big fish off Montauk, the Jersey Shore, the Cape Cod Canal and Hatteras.”

While the SpeedMaster 14000XTC will interest East Coast, surf anglers there are applications throughout the southeast and Gulf Coast, as the use of long-distance casting surf gear grows in those regions.

The SpeedMaster 14000XTC feature large diameter long stroke spool to retrieve up to 41-inches per crank with its powerful 4.3:1 gear ratio. It can handle up to 510 yards of 50-pound test PowerPro, or 440 yards of 16-pound mono

d507f5d3-f22a-4252-b72e-3a20825e2ac3_600x600.png

6 hours ago, cheech said:

Everything you want to know but the weight, probably boat reel heavy in the 14000 size.

23oz

Going to bump this up, because I’m see that they’re starting to show up

On multiple sites now , and shops - unfortunatley, nowhere near me. The numbers are hitting a lot of the right marks, but there is nothing I’m seeing on the guts. Anyone fondle one yet?

44 pounds of drag - I find it good for vertical speed jigging and plugging for tuna.

penn national 50 VSW 45 pounds of drag on full