WhitePerch

Saragosa or Slammer III

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ColinF said:

What size fish will you be targeting? For mid size fish in the mid price range I don’t think you can beat a 10k Saragosa

100-200 lb range, with the occasional fish bigger than that from what I’ve gathered. I was thinking the 20k size, would love it if I could get away with a smaller reel

1 hour ago, WhitePerch said:

100-200 lb range, with the occasional fish bigger than that from what I’ve gathered. I was thinking the 20k size, would love it if I could get away with a smaller reel

Gotcha, yeah you’d definitely be better off with a larger size than a 10k. They are great reels though

46 mins ago, Recoil Rob said:

Do the VS 275's get any love now that they're around $300?

do you mean 275VM? otherwise lemme know where I can get a VS275 for around 300

Have them both.  Have had the Penn for a long time.  Bought to Saragosa last summer.  I'd go Gosa if tuna is your target, that and out of the box the Gosa is much more comfortable in your hand and the handle is longer providing more torque

The saragosa is by far the best reel in it's price point. I have 3 in varying sizes. Tons of power, fast retrieve, and have taken quite the beating. The twin power is great too. I use a 14k in the canal. It's pulled double duty for tuna but you could get 2 20k gosas for the same money and have a bunch more line capacity. 

On 2/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, WhitePerch said:

Looking to get into some tuna popping/jigging this coming season. Being new to it and not sure exactly how often I'll be headed out there, I'd like to start off going with a mid range set up. Stuck between these two reels, looking for some advice on which to go with. Appreciate any help

If u look at the saragosa u will see it's maid in japan enough said

14 mins ago, BadMojo said:

63” ...     33 min on ghost hunter 300 and 25000 Gosa!!!! 

0F53F8F7-F1DC-4990-9ED8-4A70684BA7C3.png

Wow, big big. That’s awesome. Yeah I’m pretty set on going with the Saragossa

On 3/11/2019 at 2:50 PM, WhitePerch said:

20k and 25k Gosa’s are the same reel, just bigger spool on 25k.. I have over 400 yards of JB hollow 100 lbs on my 25k Gosa’s.. 

all our +200lb bft on spinning have come on one of three extremely reliable reels... vs300s, stellas, or gossas... the old 18k and the new 20k and 25ks.  for the money, nothing else comes close to the gossas.