Auce

2019 Sea-Doo FISH PRO 155

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

I have about 18 hours on mine. Almost done with the bilge pump installation- I lost the negative screw and had to order it. 

One thing I did notice was a thin black line of residue- Presumably from the carbon ring. Have you noticed anything like that in your hull?

1 hour ago, robmedina said:

I have about 18 hours on mine. Almost done with the bilge pump installation- I lost the negative screw and had to order it. 

One thing I did notice was a thin black line of residue- Presumably from the carbon ring. Have you noticed anything like that in your hull?

Google the following, and check out the first result: sea-doo carbon ring facts  

Edited by chr1s

On 9/24/2019 at 11:27 AM, robmedina said:

Yeah mine also had the same thing in the hull and I was trying to figure out where it came from. Mine probably had about 40 hours on it at that point.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:04 PM, chr1s said:

Google the following, and check out the first result: sea-doo carbon ring facts  

I guess mine would be from blowing out the jet after flushing. I have hit some waves for sure but not extreme so I would hope my engine hasn't shifted. Hopefully I can get another season out of it then I will rebuild all the driveline parts that wear over the winter. I wonder what percentage of sea doos have that streak like in the picture?

13 hours ago, cj7fisherman said:

Yeah mine also had the same thing in the hull and I was trying to figure out where it came from. Mine probably had about 40 hours on it at that point.

I guess mine would be from blowing out the jet after flushing. I have hit some waves for sure but not extreme so I would hope my engine hasn't shifted. Hopefully I can get another season out of it then I will rebuild all the driveline parts that wear over the winter. I wonder what percentage of sea doos have that streak like in the picture?

I belong to a few FB groups for the fishpro and seadoos in general. I even spoke to the dealer about it and they said that it is normal and nothing to worry about- which could be total BS. I installed a bilge pump this week just to be on the safe side. If the carbon ring goes my plan is to replace it and realign the engine- I am a little scared to try it myself but I want it done right so I will do what needs to be done, plus its good to learn how to fix and work on your own equipment to make sure it is running great. Saltwater is the harshest environment on the planet- got to keep things up.