Auce

2019 Sea-Doo FISH PRO 155

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

nice machine but 15k is too much for me, looking for a used model would be my route if I ever get a rental garage. Being an apartment dweller has it's good and bad points.

The fishing is fairly tough right now, i'd imagine one of these things could get you on the fish in a hurry

On 7/8/2019 at 9:32 PM, cj7fisherman said:

Caught this fluke on the morning of the 4th in 30' of water. It measured 28" and weighted a c hair under 10 lbs. I'm up to 32 hours on the ski now and really getting used to fishing on it. I just ordered a crate setup I'll strap down in between the seat and cooler for all my tackle. I also ordered a bilge pump set up for it. Not looking forward to drilling into this thing but I think I should have a bilge since I mostly fish alone.

Doesnt the fish pro have a bilge? Now, from what I read it only works while you are moving, so I was curious as to what people are doing for safety while drifting. Also, what about a second battery? Do you find the fish pro is ok for all day on the water as it comes from the dealership?

On 3/31/2019 at 8:40 AM, Jersey 609 said:

Picked one up and jus took it out yesterday for maiden voyage and man the thing is b/a 

I live in jersey and am about to pull the trigger on one. Where do you usually fish?

I know the tank is 18.5 gallons, do you find you go through a full tank every time you go out?

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, robmedina said:

Doesnt the fish pro have a bilge? Now, from what I read it only works while you are moving, so I was curious as to what people are doing for safety while drifting. Also, what about a second battery? Do you find the fish pro is ok for all day on the water as it comes from the dealership?

I couldn't find any literature saying the fish pro had the auto bilges so I decided to wire a pump in. I wired it as on-off because I didn't want a float kicking it on everytime I jump a wave. Next i am going to add a second battery as soon as I locate all the parts I need. Sea doo wants too much for their kit.

I think this thing comes pretty well equipped. I added a crate with 3 more rod holders to keep my rods more towards the center and out of the spray and to hold my tackle. As far as fuel use it really sips. If I stay close to shore and shut it off while fishing a 6 hour trip might use as little as a quarter tank. The one thing I wish it came with is the garmin nav chip. I just use my phone with navionics to find gps coordinates (wrecks, structure) and manually enter them into the chartplotter.

*edit- I just charted the route I went this morning and it was 20 miles each way and I was going between 35-50mph. Then about another 5 miles of checking spots close to shore. I burned a half tank of fuel. Not too bad considering i was hammering.

Edited by cj7fisherman

2 hours ago, cj7fisherman said:

*edit- I just charted the route I went this morning and it was 20 miles each way and I was going between 35-50mph. Then about another 5 miles of checking spots close to shore. I burned a half tank of fuel. Not too bad considering i was hammering.

good to know- I was calculating in my head- $50 (+/-) to fill the tank, 5MPG= one tank per session- 4 sessions a month- holy cow that is almost as much as the ski payment. I think my fishing style would be very similar to you- I am 52 and even though I consider myself a big kid, I am not out trying to do tricks and or hauling ass off shore. Lots to think about. 

6 mins ago, whitey said:

How are your Kidneys 

Lol, no wonder I've been peeing blood! When I first got it I was going out in any conditions. Now I'm trying to pick my days better. But yeah in 2-4 foot chop I feel it later in the day.

9 mins ago, cj7fisherman said:

Lol, no wonder I've been peeing blood! When I first got it I was going out in any conditions. Now I'm trying to pick my days better. But yeah in 2-4 foot chop I feel it later in the day.

Hahaha . I watch you guys or i call them Hells Angels on water . I say F@#K i slow down in a 25 foot boat for some waves how the hell do they DO THAT 

OK I pick up my Ski tomorrow. I bought it yesterday but I have to go get a longer trailer than what they had in stock as I will be towing it with a car and I dont want the a$$ end of my car in the water when I launch it. Anyone in Jersey who has one want to get together sometime and fish let me know. 

Congratulations on the purchase! I think your going to like it. Remember neutral is your friend when docking and trailering/untrailering. I think most of my early mistakes was because I'd panic and hit the gas too much. Backing up around obstacles takes a little practice. It steers the opposite as what you would think.

3 hours ago, cj7fisherman said:

Congratulations on the purchase! I think your going to like it. Remember neutral is your friend when docking and trailering/untrailering. I think most of my early mistakes was because I'd panic and hit the gas too much. Backing up around obstacles takes a little practice. It steers the opposite as what you would think.

thanks. I wont get it into the water until next weekend because I take my boater final exam on Tuesday. I will most certainly be taking my time to get used to it.

Your comments about the craft are what made me pull the trigger. I agree, I think I will like it alot too. 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, chr1s said:

I'm curious to know how well the rear deck would work for fly fishing if the cooler were out of the way.

I am planning on fly fishing from my Fish Pro- Kind of already have a plan after riding this thing about 5 times.  If you face backward you can drop the line to either side of you  into the foot wells. There is nothing at all to get hung up on.  I think this setup is the perfect stripping basket.

I've been fishing my fish pro pretty hard all summer. I've got just under 60 hours on the engine and atleast double that in the seat. So far no troubles. The worst thing I've done on it so far was suck my anchor rope into the intake. Luckily I was on the beach getting ready to put it on the trailer. Just my pride damaged and some time spent unwrapping the mess when I got home.  I did end up installing a manual bilge pump which hopefully I will never need. The only other mod I've done was make a "kayak crate" with 3 more rod holders. Now I keep all my tackle and misc. equipment in the crate which I tie down between the rear seat and the cooler. It also keeps my reels more towards the center and more out of the spray.  

20190915_102123.jpg

Edited by cj7fisherman