Auce

2019 Sea-Doo FISH PRO 155

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

I did a search but nothing came up so I apologize if it's a re-post. I've never owned a boat or PWC but this thing looks neat. Has anyone sen one, used one? Is it the first name brand jet ski company to specifically make a fishing version?

Not a bad idea.  I'm sure there might be a reason it hasn't been on the market yet, like low sales.

Regular 14799. With sound system 15599 as per a marine dealer in ny.

Trolling mode makes no refwrench to an electric motor.  Sounds like slow speed cruise control.

1500cc engine....

I spoke with a Carolina skiff rep, he upset they're phasing out basic boats.  He feels when the economy slows up again, he will not have much in the line of affordable boats.  

I don't know much about jetskis, not sure if that's a high price or not.

If they could make a 750 model and price it better.  15 grand for a jetski..... or a basic center console......

It’s kinda cool for a tropical environment, I wouldn’t wanna rip around around in New England being so exposed to the water and wind. 

15k for a one person fishing vessel is also kinda steep

I'd like to hear more about a roughly 75-90 hp jetski will go slow enugh to troll.   MY guess is they dip in the reverse bucket a bit to get the speed that slow.   

I was actually thinking of picking up a used jetski for fishing.  My boat is great - but trailering and dropping a 24' WA when it's just me is overkill (to the point where sometimes I just pay for a damn spot on a party boat).

Thought about either a 13-15' Whaler to kick around in the bay vs. a jetski.  The jetski would also have some joy riding utility, and it would be a lot easier to drop and cheaper to ride around to and from the fishing grounds.

Wouldn't pay $15k for a new one, but considering you can get a used ski for as low as $3k (reliable one at least), it's something I keep in mind when I'd like to fish but I'm not up to dragging out the kayak or launching the boat.

Look up jetskibrian  from va he has made it in magazines plus you might recognize some of his photos he takes .they get published alot..he's been doing this for years with jet skis.  He used to charter them .He has custom t tops,rod holder welded on ,big screen fish finders on his .last time I check he takes the 3 seaters and puts 4 strokes engine in them and add a cooler and aux tank in the back. He places in alot of tourneys around here on just his skis .he uses year round down here.there is a cult following  on jet ski fishing down here.i see more and more ever year.

I just bought this ski. I'm not picking it up until April but I cant wait! I've fished out of a hobie kayak for years and was looking to get a new kayak but I bought this instead. I think this thing is going to be perfect for most of my fishing and I still have the old kayak to mix things up.

man I'm right on the edge as well as to Kayak (never used kayak before) vs Waverunner which I've ridden and enjoy but never fished in.  The waverunner/jetski seems to have more options and if done safely and conservatively looks to be less prone to tipping over even in slightly rougher weather. 

But I do like the appeal of no trailer, no motor, light, quiet, easily stored etc.    

On 3/20/2019 at 2:01 PM, Misled said:

man I'm right on the edge as well as to Kayak (never used kayak before) vs Waverunner which I've ridden and enjoy but never fished in.  The waverunner/jetski seems to have more options and if done safely and conservatively looks to be less prone to tipping over even in slightly rougher weather. 

But I do like the appeal of no trailer, no motor, light, quiet, easily stored etc.    

I hear you on the reasons to use a kayak for fishing. For me there were a few reasons to look for something else. One is it sometimes takes me hours to get to my fishing spots pedaling. I'll still keep the yak for the short trips. Also, I'm less than impressed with all the newer pedal kayaks out there. 

I think its sick if you got the cash and fish solo a lot. For the money I'd rather have a CC or because I am poor and handy, i'd pick up an older PWC and rig it up myself. 

On 3/31/2019 at 8:40 AM, Jersey 609 said:

Picked one up and jus took it out yesterday for maiden voyage and man the thing is b/a 

B5B46D8C-89BC-4E58-B797-DFDFFF364525.jpeg

Jersey you have to elaborate my friend. No way you post something like this and just say it's b/a.  Looks fantastic!  How was the ride, stability at idle, did you do any fishing, just joy ride, etc. 

I watched that video awhile ago.  It seems like a very interesting idea, but overall reminds me of some of those things to more “catch the fisherman as opposed to the fish.”  I can’t wait for someone to buy one and report how it works, but until then, I’m convinced it’s more of an toy than an actual fishing craft...

1 hour ago, Misled said:

Jersey you have to elaborate my friend. No way you post something like this and just say it's b/a.  Looks fantastic!  How was the ride, stability at idle, did you do any fishing, just joy ride, etc. 

Very stable you can walk all over the thing and I weight 260!  no fishing on it yet but I took her out for a joy ride and she performed excellent. Quick yet turns sharp when you want it to it also has variable trolling programmable speeds you can set like a cruise control . Garmin on it works excellently all together it’s a bit of a toy and a fishing machine capable of both. Rod holders and cooler are extremely well built. I’ll keep posted as I start fishing on it more  

Posted (edited) · Report post

nice congrats those are the real deal-you can walk around it and it wont tip at all

I have a center console boat boston whaler montuak  and am getting a ski for the season-I toyed with getting one of those but odds are I am going with a yamaha vxr as my boat takes care of my fishing needs

Edited by superstriper