chessie_yaker

Long gun registration

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

A bill for registering long guns in MD is meeting a lot of resistance and even some members of local law enforcement are showing they are against it. I'm glad to see they are on our side.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, BW said:

Who are those guys..??

I believe the guy speaking was sheriff of wicomico co, but I could be wrong. Those were most likely eastern shore sheriffs. No one on this side of the bay would put themselves out there like that.

Makes me wonder what fence Hogan is perched up on during all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, BW said:

this state gets more F'ed up by the minute...

I think its reaching a point where people have had enough... everywhere. I'm happy to see local law enforcement step up like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

I believe the guy speaking was sheriff of wicomico co, but I could be wrong. Those were most likely eastern shore sheriffs. No one on this side of the bay would put themselves out there like that.

Makes me wonder what fence Hogan is perched up on during all of this.

I'm sure that Governor Hogan will sign it if it gets to his desk , He's a RINO ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to see the actual bill instead of the utube emotional hype. Just sayin. I have no time in my life to research this chit but you brought it up. MERICA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jolly mon said:

I'm sure that Governor Hogan will sign it if it gets to his desk , He's a RINO ,

He’s a fence sitting ****bag, to put it lightly. The only thing that he does that gives him one mark of conservatism is going after Balto for their crap spending practices. But he adds beurocracy to monitor beurocracy and that’s not containing, that’s growing. 

3 hours ago, riverrunner said:

It would be nice to see the actual bill instead of the utube emotional hype. Just sayin. I have no time in my life to research this chit but you brought it up. MERICA

Well it’s not going on in PA so I don’t blame you lol. There are multiple anti-2A bills being fought in MD right now- one making private sales of long guns illegal, forcing registration of long guns, making AR platform rifles illegal, undoing the 80% rule and something going after 3D printed anything. The only thing I’ve heard wind of that’s good is making Maryland a “shall issue” ccw state, but that probably won’t happen until a federal mandate to comply with the constitution gets pushed through. Because, Hogan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually base all gun legislation or pending legislation in the great NE on PA's example. We just need a little fine tuning and we can carry on as a pretty good example. Wait till you see my new black rifle....it's gonna be AWESOME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

He’s a fence sitting ****bag, to put it lightly. The only thing that he does that gives him one mark of conservatism is going after Balto for their crap spending practices. But he adds beurocracy to monitor beurocracy and that’s not containing, that’s growing. 

Well it’s not going on in PA so I don’t blame you lol. There are multiple anti-2A bills being fought in MD right now- one making private sales of long guns illegal, forcing registration of long guns, making AR platform rifles illegal, undoing the 80% rule and something going after 3D printed anything. The only thing I’ve heard wind of that’s good is making Maryland a “shall issue” ccw state, but that probably won’t happen until a federal mandate to comply with the constitution gets pushed through. Because, Hogan...

That's a lot to ponder. I just wonder what the emotional thing you posted was about. Was it a specific thing or just an in general rant. If specific  please digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, riverrunner said:

That's a lot to ponder. I just wonder what the emotional thing you posted was about. Was it a specific thing or just an in general rant. If specific  please digress.

 

The 'emotional thing' he posted is about registering long rifle, like the title says. :squid: Follow along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, riverrunner said:

That's a lot to ponder. I just wonder what the emotional thing you posted was about. Was it a specific thing or just an in general rant. If specific  please digress.

After a little more diggin I found that it was the sheriff of wicomico county saying that he will not enforce nor comply with the long gun registration bill as it is written. Maryland 2A and outdoor groups on bookface are going nuts over it. Could be for publicity, could be a good man standing up for what he believes is right and wrong. Only time will tell really. 

 

My main point of posting it was just to show how ridiculous our state is becoming with anti-constitutional legislation and how some local law enforcement is not afraid to show how they feel about it. It would be surprising to see (and probably lead to dethroning) from a man of that stature in any states north of us. I’m still shocked at how your state holds a lot of it’s laws up being the commonwealth that it is. Similar goes for the commonwealth to our south, especially considering it borders DC. (I hope you can appreciate how clean I kept that of AB material for you:howdy:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, MikeMc said:

 

The 'emotional thing' he posted is about registering long rifle, like the title says. :squid: Follow along.

Specifics ?

 

Per PA

 

"No firearms are known to be prohibeted by state law. Private sales of hanguns must go thru a private dealer, though long guns may be bought and sold privately without the use of a private licensed dealer".

 

"Residents in PA may also purchase firearms from gun shows and private individuals. When purchased from a federally licensed dealer at a gun show , the process remains the same. When purchasing a long gun in a private sale, the buyer is exempt from a background check. when purchasing a hand gun in a private sale the buyer is legally required to complete a firearm transfer at a federally licensed dealer."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.