Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Heard my first bird...

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

gobble this weekend. 

Life is good again. That big tom that's been hanging around my home all winter began gobbling this weekend, and hasn't let up. Not the big booming gobbles you hear in May. But a few meek warm ups.  He woke me up again this morning at 7am. No doubt triggered by the recent full moon.

They have been gobbling around my neck of the woods.........First thing in the morning too.......We got so many hens walking around the hood it's like a turkey farm........

Headed to Florida the opening weekend (for turkey). Not sure if I should be packing my fishing gear or turkey gear?

9 mins ago, ged said:

Headed to Florida the opening weekend (for turkey). Not sure if I should be packing my fishing gear or turkey gear?

Well personally I would go to fla and just pack shorts and a beach chair!........:)

Too bad I fly in Friday of bike week. No offense bikers, but not my idea of a good time. So I can fish Ponce/Sebastian Inlet or go hunt turkey that weekend. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was in Florida a week ago and I brought travel rod and inflatable paddleboard and alternated fishing and paddleboarding. Hope you're having a good time down there.

Edited by oceanAddict