Misled

Recovery Trax

12 posts in this topic

In 5 years of driving on the beach, although I got close once, I've never gotten myself stuck.  But in doing my preps for the opening season, I wondered about getting a pair of MaxxTrax, Trex, XBull or any recovery tracks.  Figure I will eventually use them or perhaps help someone else out.  Has anyone here used any of these? Found them useful vs shoveling out?

They work if you don't run the truck down the frame.  

Essentially once the surface passes above the axle, you're digging just to get the board under the tire enough for it to grip.

These things work.  They will save you a lot of digging if you understand their limitations.  

I’m also thinking about picking some of the knockoff cheaper ones. Watched some YouTube vids and they seem like they could really help you out and really wouldn’t take up that much room

I have a set I picked up on amazon for under 70$ and they came with a carrying bag.  Boar boards I think.  They don't take up much space and I sleep better at night having them...

Good timing here.  I was just looking at a bunch of these, but everything seems to starting at $140 up to the 350 for max.  

Anyone know of any places to get decent, reasonably priced but functional solutions?

The X-bull ones get good reviews on YouTube tests. I’ve  seen them for around $80 on eBay. The reviews test them against the Max trax ones and they perform almost as good. 

9 hours ago, Jimichanga said:

This one looks cheap. Not sure who sells them. I would be interested in a shorter one.

747449 (2).jpg

Cut that in half and you have a nice jack stand stand platform as well.... 

21 hours ago, Jimichanga said:

This one looks cheap. Not sure who sells them. I would be interested in a shorter one.

747449 (2).jpg

LOL

yup been looking at the xbull's.  thought of mounting on the roof rack since I don't have anything else there.  a long bolt with a washer and a butterfly nut or nut drilled with a cotter pin.

I have 2 pcs. of 1/2 " plywood cut to fit into the back of my Cherokee. Takes no room and works for me.

:wag: