pricise10

Asbury fishing flea market

Rate this topic

170 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, levari said:

What do you think is the reason that people are not as enthusiastic as it used to be? Is it the lack of fish? Market saturation? Less attendees?

On top of the answers given above, there's a bunch of new builders that make beautiful plugs at prices that lend themselves to fishing instead of collecting. Get 2 for the price of 1, really how much better is a $50 pencil than a $20 pencil?

I'd of shelled out $30 for one of those pencils that were left sitting on a couple of those big dollar tables.

It'll be interesting to see next show season if they stay at the elevated prices brought on in response to flipping or if they roll back the prices a bit.

28 mins ago, hobobob said:

You are pricing at deep discount. They are trying at retail.  No love for wooden pencil? You can thank tsunami talking popper for that one.

I was fishing talking popper probably over 10 years ago when PP were sold like hot potatoes..

25 mins ago, bentstick said:

On top of the answers given above, there's a bunch of new builders that make beautiful plugs at prices that lend themselves to fishing instead of collecting. Get 2 for the price of 1, really how much better is a $50 pencil than a $20 pencil?

I'd of shelled out $30 for one of those pencils that were left sitting on a couple of those big dollar tables.

It'll be interesting to see next show season if they stay at the elevated prices brought on in response to flipping or if they roll back the prices a bit.

I brought a bunch of beautiful Big Don poppers at $20 a pop and no love. Just for a respect to the quality of his lures I did not brought the price even lower. I guess I will share my grave with his PP.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 mins ago, levari said:

I brought a bunch of beautiful Big Don poppers at $20 a pop and no love. Just for a respect to the quality of his lures I did not brought the price even lower. I guess I will share my grave with his PP.

The other part of it is if your just buying them to fish how many do you really need? 10 should pretty much cover all your pencil needs. No need to buy another $20 pencil if you already have a handfull. I'd bet 90% of the guys on this site and go to these shows already have more than they need.

Edited by bentstick
spelling correction

I don't buy a lot of lures and I have way more than I need.  Why pay $50+ for a lure when they're eating $8 stick baits and $2 rubber?  The bubble may have burst.

25 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I don't buy a lot of lures and I have way more than I need.  Why pay $50+ for a lure when they're eating $8 stick baits and $2 rubber?  The bubble may have burst.

Who can trust a $2 rubber :shrug:

3 hours ago, levari said:

I always liked the Big Don’s. The thing is that they were 20 dollars or less brand new so anyone that know what they are looking at may not see it as a flea market bargain and take a pass. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, fishing pete said:

Any of you guys see the teasers I had on Sparkys table?

I bought some. Going to give them a try when the shrimp are around.

Edited by Lagerhead

3 hours ago, levari said:

In the fire company flea market I sold almost all the swimmers I brought with me. The only lure that I could not sell was the pencil popper. The quality was great, price was low but could not sale a single one. I guess that must be the result of the poor fishing of quality fish.

I bought 6 pencils Sunday.

32 mins ago, Kml said:

I always liked the Big Don’s. The thing is that they were 20 dollars or less brand new so anyone that know what they are looking at may not see it as a flea market bargain and take a pass. 

No one bought the Gibbs pencils @10 a pop or Lex @5$ a pop. All new.