Asbury fishing flea market

Rate this topic

170 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Didn’t make the show but I had a friend pick up this nice plug for me from Rui

AB867124-12C0-4996-AAA3-AA6E1C9AA6C1.jpeg

6D508DC6-61E5-4D81-A960-6A02F0281F70.jpeg

Don’t forget the Vaseline. 

Soooo many new plug builders it seemed like.   If mid morning was any indication of how things ended up, a lot of stuff made the trip back home to their garages.  

3 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Didn’t make the show but I had a friend pick up this nice plug for me from Rui

AB867124-12C0-4996-AAA3-AA6E1C9AA6C1.jpeg

6D508DC6-61E5-4D81-A960-6A02F0281F70.jpeg

Salmon red plugs now?

3 hours ago, fishing pete said:

Any of you guys see the teasers I had on Sparkys table?

I did,  they were some good looking sandeel imitations.:th:

1 hour ago, bido said:

Soooo many new plug builders it seemed like.   If mid morning was any indication of how things ended up, a lot of stuff made the trip back home to their garages.  

What do you think is the reason that people are not as enthusiastic as it used to be? Is it the lack of fish? Market saturation? Less attendees?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, levari said:

What do you think is the reason that people are not as enthusiastic as it used to be? Is it the lack of fish? Market saturation? Less attendees?

One plug builder did mention the condition of the fishery as a possible cause of the slowdown. Less guys snapping off plugs. Although his prices were almost double from last year so there's the flipping aspect also which I get. The builders should be paid for their craft not some guy who slept out in a line. Seems the collector market is getting saturated as well. Saw many highly desirable plugs sitting around on tables at noon. 

Edited by MitchellNJ

1 hour ago, levari said:

All of the above.  There was a time when I think every custom wood builder probably sold out.   That’s doesn’t seem like the case today.   Just my observations...

57 mins ago, levari said:

All of the above...

In the fire company flea market I sold almost all the swimmers I brought with me. The only lure that I could not sell was the pencil popper. The quality was great, price was low but could not sale a single one. I guess that must be the result of the poor fishing of quality fish.

7 mins ago, levari said:

In the fire company flea market I sold almost all the swimmers I brought with me. The only lure that I could not sell was the pencil popper. The quality was great, price was low but could not sale a single one. I guess that must be the result of the poor fishing of quality fish.

You are pricing at deep discount. They are trying at retail.  No love for wooden pencil? You can thank tsunami talking popper for that one.