pricise10

Asbury fishing flea market

Rate this topic

170 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fly By Nite said:

More often than not its not easy to get them on metal lip swimmers and when you do its not as glorious as some might lead you to believe.

I get tired of hearing how the sound of the metal lip slapping the surfaced followed by seeing the huge swirl bla bla bla....... I don't through them enough, party because of the lack of casting \distance. I like to overcast so I can swing into what I believe to be the strike zone.

1 hour ago, Sheisty said:

I have yet to catch a fish on a metal lip.

How did you not catch any during the peanut runs of 2016 and 2015?

I didn't catch anything......and to add to that I might not have even owned a single metal lip then. I'm still relatively new to the surf (started the year after sandy).

1 hour ago, Sheisty said:

I get tired of hearing how the sound of the metal lip slapping the surfaced followed by seeing the huge swirl bla bla bla....... I don't through them enough, party because of the lack of casting \distance. I like to overcast so I can swing into what I believe to be the strike zone.

Distance is overrated

Spoken like a true short caster. Many of my best days and nights for bass have come with me casting in above the waist deep water at the end of the cast.

9 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Spoken like a true short caster. Many of my best days and nights for bass have come with me casting in above the waist deep water at the end of the cast.

Some of my best nights were standing on dry ground behind you guys.  :)

3 hours ago, Sheisty said:

I am a good part Irish so yeah :th:

7 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

More often than not its not easy to get them on metal lip swimmers and when you do its not as glorious as some might lead you to believe.

Especially big swimmers.