Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buz23

Real Reel Deal at Cabela's

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I stopped in to the E Hartford Cabela's with the intention of picking up a few ice fishing lures and plastics but wandered by the reel island to see what there was.  I found a Shimano Spheros SW5000 marked down from 199 to $148.  I asked if this was just the display model, and the salesman looked it up and said no, it applied to even the boxed models.  I said OK and started to walk away with one.  The saleman then pulled out a cartoon reel which he offered to sell me for $5, and then I could turn around and trade it in and get $25 off the Spheros.  So I ended up getting the reel for about $130, a great deal I think.  The trade in deal is graduated so if you buy a reel which costs more than $500, you can get $100 off.  Don't know how long this is going to last.

NOTE:  The trade in program lasts to March 7.

Edited by buz23

Basspro always had a deal like this around this time of year.  Might have to take some junk reels and BPS points and stop by.

sam

I have some Penn 700 and 704 reels......Think they will take them on trade?........Nobody else is interested in them.........:shrug:

1 hour ago, robc22 said:

I have some Penn 700 and 704 reels......Think they will take them on trade?........Nobody else is interested in them.........:shrug:

Yes if the handle spins they will take it.

I brought 3 reels hoping to save more but only one trade in per new reel.

They give the old reels to kids in need I think.

At Bass Pro they have $10 Zebco’s you can buy and trade in new for a newer Zebco (Van Staal) save you $140 after trade in ;)