Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iphish

Patriots 2019 Stairway to seven

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

Patriots 2019 schedule, looks as though it lines up perfectly for another run.

HOME

Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Browns
Steelers
Cowboys
Giants
Chiefs

AWAY

Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Ravens
Bengals
Texans
Eagles
Redskins

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Certainly not an easy schedule.

I was about to say the opposite, I would have them going 12-4 with the present  group. BB has 12 picks this year and who knows about a return by Gordon,  Amandola or free agents.

According to CBS Sports, the Patriots are tied for the second-easiest schedule next season, as their opponents had a 2018 winning percentage of just .473.

Edited by iphish

33 mins ago, iphish said:

According to CBS Sports, the Patriots are tied for the second-easiest schedule next season, as their opponents had a 2018 winning percentage of just .473.

Probably the single biggest mistake of guessing strength of schedule is going by the previous year's record. There's typically 50% turnover in playoff teams. 

That said possible losses - Ravens, Dolphins, and Eagles away and 2 of  the 4 home games with the Steelers, Browns, Chiefs, and Cowboys.

11-5

#2 seed, behind the Chiefs AGAM

14 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Probably the single biggest mistake of guessing strength of schedule is going by the previous year's record. There's typically 50% turnover in playoff teams. 

That said possible losses - Ravens, Dolphins, and Eagles away and 2 of  the 4 home games with the Steelers, Browns, Chiefs, and Cowboys.

11-5

#2 seed, behind the Chiefs AGAM

Ok but that being said the toughest schedule , the raiders face teams at .530 win record....I guess you have to base it on something, so they use the data from 2018.  Some of those "winning teams the patriots face this year Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens, Bills & Eagles to some degree will have new coaches, QBs and signifcant offensive personnel changes. 

I agree they'll be in the 11-5, 12-4 range...unless the patriots make some serious moves this off season

Am I reading that correctly?

The first and second game against the Bills

The third and fourth game against the Dolphins

The fifth and sixth game against the Jets

That just don't sound right.

17 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Am I reading that correctly?

The first and second game against the Bills

The third and fourth game against the Dolphins

The fifth and sixth game against the Jets

That just don't sound right.

I don't think it's the actual sequence of games. It's just a list of the teams in no particular order.

21 mins ago, bdowning said:

I don't think it's the actual sequence of games. It's just a list of the teams in no particular order.

That's what I thought after I posted it. Has to be I would think.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, iphish said:

So the difference between the toughest schedule Raiders) and the Patriots schedule is 0.057.

The Raiders face a schedule against teams that win slightly more than half their games and the Patriots face a schedule against teams that win slightly less than half their games. 

Non factor.