Penn 525 mag service

cheech

Penn, I don’t see my US made Mag 525 on the ‘reels serviced’ or the ‘reels no longer serviced’ list. Does Penn still tune up this classic? Thanks in advance

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thanks, yes I’ve seen and done his service several times over the years. Had to add extra mags to the carriage after soaking and lubing the bearings. It casts flawless and silent, but the retrieve is a little noisy and geary feeling. Probably just well worn gears! I’ll price out a some new parts (if available) vs Penn service.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Hard to tell from that pic.  There is a good pic of one on Alan's site from 2011.  I will try to find the Boca bearing part #, it might take a few days.  In the past, Penn would not replace just that bearing, it had to be the whole frame.  I still have 3 525's NIB and 6 in working condition.  Excellent reel but I tend to reach for my fathom 15's the last few yrs.