ccb

Abu 7000c3. Bearing size

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

What’s the bearing size?  Do all 7000c3’s take the same bearing  

what are the years that they were produced? 

is it true that all 7000’s were not made in Sweden ?   Thanks   cbb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, ccb said:

What’s the bearing size?  Do all 7000c3’s take the same bearing  

what are the years that they were produced? 

is it true that all 7000’s were not made in Sweden ?   Thanks   cbb

The 7000's are all China these days. The guts have changed. Some people like them, some don't, I don't. 

Go buy one from Jerry Foran, he has some deals right now. If I needed another one, this is the guy I would buy from and the time to do it. He has some bearings for sale for these too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess the were made in Sweden in the early days.  

Whats the Bearing  size? 7000c3 

Edited by ccb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fishing reel bearings"

 

The ABEC rating system includes grades 1,3,5,7, and 9. The higher the ABEC rating, the tighter the tolerances are, making the bearing a more precision part. High precision and small tolerances are required for bearings to function at very high RPM, in products like high speed routers that must spin at 20 to 30,000 RPM.

 

Who makes the reel? What model is that reel? It's a #5 bearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, fishhappy said:

The 7000's are all China these days. The guts have changed. Some people like them, some don't, I don't. 

Go buy one from Jerry Foran, he has some deals right now. If I needed another one, this is the guy I would buy from and the time to do it. He has some bearings for sale for these too.  

Who’s Jerry Foran?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, cashews121 said:

Who’s Jerry Foran?

He is a guy in Florida who runs an operation called hookless and he repairs and sells Abu reels, and sometimes Akios and Omoto, basically round reels. He does a great job on his stuff and lately his prices have been very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 mins ago, fishhappy said:

He is a guy in Florida who runs an operation called hookless and he repairs and sells Abu reels, and sometimes Akios and Omoto, basically round reels. He does a great job on his stuff and lately his prices have been very good. 

Ok ,,,so he has older Abus for sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo the red c3 older model was the best c3 they made. I had jerry trick mine out, 5.3.1 gear ratio, new drags, dual bearing level wind, ceramic pawl, new spool bearings. That reel was as smooth as a piece of glass when he was done with it. To bad you can't get the dual bearing level wind kit any more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cashews121 said:

Ok ,,,so he has older Abus for sale?

The best, and at good prices. Although, sometimes the prices are higher, at least for now, there are many bargains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fishhappy said:

The best, and at good prices. Although, sometimes the prices are higher, at least for now, there are many bargains.

Does he have a website? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the left side , the spool cap?   What is the number it should be set on to start?   Does the cap back off with the setting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 mins ago, ccb said:

On the left side , the spool cap?   What is the number it should be set on to start?   Does the cap back off with the setting? 

The cap backs off, but you can also dial back the zero point..

Suggest you try this.

1. Centre spool using both caps with very SLIGHT side to side spool knock

2. Tighten right cap ever so slightly to remove the knock

3. Rotate the DIAL on the LHS cap so that the zero and marker on the cap are aligned.

4. Back off RHS cap to go back to side to side knock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.