i07nyc

Would you support a total fishing ban?

Rate this topic

Total fishing ban   125 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a 3 year moratorium on fishing

• Support ban
    • Don't support ban

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

288 posts in this topic

I know this is pie in the sky but would you support a 3 year ban on all saltwater species, both comms and recs? I know for bass, the impact would not be that great but for ground fish, a 3 year ban should lead to some amazing fishing afterwards. What if, after 3 years, you could go out and catch 40 fluke a day ( 6 keepers @ 18") or actually have a flounder fishery again. Would you be willing to put down the rods for 3 years?

Why protect a fish I can't fish for?  I'd move to Canada before I supported such silliness.

Side note: didn't we have this exact same thread like 8 months ago?

18 mins ago, big popper said:

i would rather see the laws that are in place now Enforced 

Yup. That’s all we need. We have good data, we have good science but we just ignore it for socio economic reasons. 

15 mins ago, i07nyc said:

I know this is pie in the sky but would you support a 3 year ban on all saltwater species, both comms and recs? I know for bass, the impact would not be that great but for ground fish, a 3 year ban should lead to some amazing fishing afterwards. What if, after 3 years, you could go out and catch 40 fluke a day ( 6 keepers @ 18") or actually have a flounder fishery again. Would you be willing to put down the rods for 3 years?

Sounds great but with that over harvesting greedy mindset it wouldnt be long before we're back to square one. Happens whenever there is a percieved over abundance. People forget and think the resource is unlimited and that leads to greed and destruction. 

7 mins ago, adams54 said:

Sounds great but with that over harvesting greedy mindset it wouldnt be long before we're back to square one. Happens whenever there is a percieved over abundance. People forget and think the resource is unlimited and that leads to greed and destruction. 

exactly what happened w/ the much lauded class of '11 that was raped by Md fishery regs when they saw it was a larger than normal year class...

total ban /////    does that mean  not keeping or not fishing for/catching ??????????………………………..  last time was  not   keeping & the fishing was great catch & release , But there was still plenty of backdoor  selling

Come on now we can’t even set forth the one at 28 coast wide that was supposed to be the regulaton for the last 3 years. An all out ban on all species is just being totally unrealistic. 

The question is purely hypothetical. I know the chances of it happening are between zero and never. It would be a total ban. No c and r, and the ban is only for 3 years.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Right after the wall is complete I'll start the ban.....

Yea..... Ban recreational fishing so the commercial netters and long liners could have even more. 

This is AMERICA!!!!

Edited by NJ Dave