Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkrock

Manny Machado to the Padres

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Team colors are the perfect color scheme for that piece of ****, if you ask me.  Glad I won't have to watch him play for the next 10 years

2 hours ago, jkrock said:

Team colors are the perfect color scheme for that piece of ****, if you ask me.  Glad I won't have to watch him play for the next 10 years

Yup. Let him rot out on the left coast, playing in front of maybe  26000 a night, and hopefully blow up out there.....

It’s the one or the largest deals  to a free agent . Machado will be set on a higest level with his peers holding out on continue salary base players . It only sets the bar for others which just proves strong union amongst the players association. On the other had it weakens the owners so called collusion on banning together and not signing the 10 year player deal . Which could come back and haunt the Padres ownership in the future with other team owners. 

300 million for 10 years worth of work.......all the while fans are getting older and young could careless about the game....

18 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I wonder how long I will take for the fans to turn on him.

I wonder how long it will take for him to display his jerk side.

1st at bat

Owners are shying away from huge deals just based on talent alone anymore ...which IMHO is the way it should be.  Pete Rose said it best when all players signed one year contracts, every year.  "We had to play!" 

These huge deals tie up too much money.  Look at Boston and Sandoval, luckily this is the last year of that debacle.  Yankees and Stanton ...strikeout king of the world.  Orioles and Chris Davis; getting paid huge dollars to bat .186.  Rays and Longoria ...the list goes on. 

Machado is a good ball player, there is no debating that.  I think he's a punk and borders on dirty and am glad he's on the left coast, but this whole thing has just opened up the door for more of the same in the coming years.  Bryce Harper will get a comparable or bigger deal now, and he's another prima-donna that doesn't hustle and batted less than .250 last season. 

I love baseball, it's our game.  I'd like to see contract caps on service years and offers based on performance and not perceived talent alone.  The game would be more exciting.  Ever go to AA or AAA ball games?  Those guys play!  They have a goal to get to the next level, and they have to show up and work every day.  Machado is guaranteed 300 million over the next 10 years, so other than winning the World Series, what is his ultimate goal?  What is he going to play hard for?  

The Padres won't be a playoff team anytime soon, which again, in my opinion, means Manny is after money and doesn't really care about the game.  I'd quit my job yesterday if a team offered to pay me my 5-figure salary to play ball everyday.  Anyway, rant over.

Boston is in good shape, Pedroia is healthy(for now anyway) ...should be another fun year in Beantown.  Go Sox!