Cotton Cordell

Rate this topic

cashews121

I load the 6" to 2.6-2.7. There is only one chamber on the back end for those. The 4.5" and 7" have two back chambers so I usually drill in the middle so the shot fills both (just the back 1/4 isn't big enough). I use the smallest lead shot size.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. -Thoreau

2 mins ago, xjclint said:

I load the 6" to 2.6-2.7. There is only one chamber on the back end for those. The 4.5" and 7" have two back chambers so I usually drill in the middle so the shot fills both (just the back 1/4 isn't big enough). I use the smallest lead shot size.

Right that's what I remember. Just bought three little ones.

I'll do a 6" too, looks a little easier to do too with the back chamber. Makes it ideal for a little extra weight..

Thanks

Run Silent, Run Deep...

41 mins ago, xjclint said:

Awesome, thank you.

I just loaded another 7" up to 2 oz. and a 6" up to 1.5 oz. My goal is to help the casts, add rattles too, and keep the pencil popper action. Especially with bigger gear and conditions

I ordered a 4 1/2" that has a clear finish with a blue head; so the chambers are visible. Looking forward to loading a couple those up over an ounce.

That said: there's definitely a place for the original Cordell's and Redfin's left alone unloaded. Both have saved an outing more than once just the way they are.

Usually in more quiet settings, where distance wasn't critical either.

Edited by Rainmaker

Run Silent, Run Deep...

18 hours ago, Mack26 said:

That’s exactly why i left these unloaded. I have a particular river mouth location that always has a great outflow with a lot of eddy’s and calm water edges that will be perfect for these. They seem heavier than i expected too, so i’ll fish them as is for now.

You won't be disappointed. Unweighted these dance with the flick of your rod. Super easy to get em moving. 

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.....