Stripsettter

Beulah Opal Surf 9/10 weight two hand overhead fly rod $550 Long Island

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking to get $550 and will ground ship anywhere or meet up on Long Island. This rod has not been fished.....it’s a warranty replacement for rod I broke. I have original receipt from Bears Den. I have been getting into two hand casting in the surf over last couple of years. I bought this Beulah Opal surf and it’s a Great rod and one of the few factory options for overhead casting in the surf capable of long casts with big flies in rough conditions. Im selling it because I have been using heavier carp rod blanks and much heavier lines but this is good with a 500-550gr line. 

9BE710EF-2C43-4706-86B7-B8D6CE90AC48.png

E0121FF6-C67A-433C-B6F4-EC71581B296D.jpeg

Funny, I've been reading/searching/watching youtube on these two hand overhead beach rods and this one in particular, and I come on here after a long absence and there's one at the top of the list! Does this being a replacement mean that should something happen to it there's no more warranty left?

your killing me! wanted to wait till after i got my new reels to purchase this exact rod! good luck on the sale! If for w.e reason you dont sell it and you hold onto it PM me bc im interested in a month or so but i assume this will be gone

I’ve had it a while and not really in a rush to sell. Will entertain all offers. It just sits amongst various fly rod tubes lol. Been using the carp rod conversions and a Gloomis two hander more. I just shot Beulah an email saying that I’m selling the rod and asking if they would honor warranty for new owner. Will post response for anyone concerned about warranty. 

I broke the tip section of the original 7/8 surf rod and was told that tips  were no longer available.  Solution  was to send me a new Opal 7/8 for $300 and the old rod.

I broke the bottom two sections of my Beulah Classic Switch 8/9 on a big fish last year. I am not the original owner and the rod has been out of production for several years. They had the two lower sections by no longer had any tip sections (which fortunately I did not need). They repaired the rod promptly at a warranty price of approx. $90. Check with Beulah if you want this rod and are concerned with warranty issues. 

I own the rod and beat on it all last summer on the rocks. No breakage issues! The owner of Beulah, James is a great guy and I'm sure he would take care of future owners. This rod bombs a 550 shooting head like a boss and has power to turn big fish. Super light to boot. Awesome fishing tool!