Who's in Great Bay?

Rate this topic

JoeyZac

9 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

The wind is psycho right now, but man, if there was ever a night to go out to a sod and throw some fresh clam out under the full moon looking for a Drum, this is it.

Looked for the drum off a sod bank yesterday afternoon for most of the rising tide: el skunko

On 4/12/2019 at 5:00 PM, Surfinator said:

I will definitely look for you. I have a red 16' Lund so Im pretty easy to spot lol

Finally, boat down and ready to go.  Couldn't believe the wind today.  Severe clear GALE   This week, Wednesday and maybe Friday

Until about 10am, it was cloudy, damp, and even a bit chilly.

Then the sun came out, all of a sudden everyone was asking for radio checks, got my first few gnat bites (yes, the gnats are out!!!!!!!), and just like that, it felt like summer was here.

5 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Until about 10am, it was cloudy, damp, and even a bit chilly.

Then the sun came out, all of a sudden everyone was asking for radio checks, got my first few gnat bites (yes, the gnats are out!!!!!!!), and just like that, it felt like summer was here.

Oh great, those are the worst because they gut stuck in my body hair.  Lol.  Next comes the ever so popular GREENHEADS........

4 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

Oh great, those are the worst because they gut stuck in my body hair.  Lol.  Next comes the ever so popular GREENHEADS........

Yep, all Spring long I've been cursing the wind for making anchoring conditions very difficult, but now, unless we have a stiff breeze, it'll be almost impossible to fish in peace.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:03 PM, JoeyZac said:

Yep, all Spring long I've been cursing the wind for making anchoring conditions very difficult, but now, unless we have a stiff breeze, it'll be almost impossible to fish in peace.

gnats made Spig and I quit a little early today.  Look forward to catching up with you another day Joey.  Sorry we missed connections.  Did you do any good after the one catch??

6 doggies and 1 skate after the pic.  Enough of a breeze picked up that staying was bearable, but not much to show for it.  

I think you're early start subjected you to the worst of the gnats, and my lazy start saved me from all but the tail end of it.

Tomorrow looks good too.

On ;the water this morning.  Upcoming tide, overcast and a bit breezy.  Nobody out, nobody anywhere.  Then battery problems.  Brought it back to the dock and found a loose connection.  Called it a morning.  Joey Zac stopped by and we got to meet him personally.  Nice guy.  Hope to see more of him in the future.

Looking at the weather yesterday I had planned on fishing the bay and bought fresh surf clams to drown, wind was blowing pretty steady from the west so with the tide going out it would have been good.  Hit the bay and the wind started to decrease so I went to the inlet and then beyond.  I ended up fishing a wreck in 65' and caught so many 12.5" seabass but they were just that so back they went, and ended up with 7 13" to 14" keepers and a mess of small tog.  Wind kicked up after about an hour from the east and the waves were hitting me beam on for a couple of very uncomfortable hours, ran out of bait and headed home for a nice fresh seabass meal.  It was great to finally get some meat!!