JoeyZac

Who's in Great Bay?

Rate this topic

213 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

any keepers ?

While it is against forum rules to talk about fish that one "did" catch in very specific area, I don't see how it could be against the rules to talk about what one did "not" catch, so, to answer your question directly and honestly "no, I did not have any keeper sized Bass yesterday."

Leaving the dock in 20 minutes or so, so I'll give you guys a temp/clarity report later................

Posted (edited) · Report post

yep. just yes or no answer should not be against any rules.  now posting a pic with your gps in the back ground may not be liked.

by the way , if you ever decide to do a couple hours on the water after dinner, even just to play with the blue fish run  near that beach at the end of your main road, I am only 25-30 minutes from ya.

Edited by coolhandfluke

53 degree water, still dirty.  Wind against tide so I put the boat up on a sod and put my baits in 2 feet of water.  I know that shallow water on a bright sunny day does not make sense, but I stayed there happily until the wind whipped up so bad 40 minutes ago that between the wind and tide it kept blowing me off the bank, so enough was enough, I have to leave for work soon anyway.

- Coolhandfluke - I'll keep that in mind. -JZ

I fish Great Bay exclusively. Most of the time out of Chestnut Neck and sometimes Capt. Mikes when I want to fish around the stink house.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:49 PM, Surfinator said:

I fish Great Bay exclusively. Most of the time out of Chestnut Neck and sometimes Capt. Mikes when I want to fish around the stink house.

Keep my boat at Capt. Mikes and fish all over Great Bay and sometimes, when I'm brave, outside the inlet.  17' Mako named "Knight 771"  Maybe see you starting in late April.

2 hours ago, Knight771 said:

Keep my boat at Capt. Mikes and fish all over Great Bay and sometimes, when I'm brave, outside the inlet.  17' Mako named "Knight 771"  Maybe see you starting in late April.

you go up and drift behind beach haven ? always did good there. how about to the left at the split along the tel poles ? caught my biggest flounder at the top in front of the rock pile.9.9 lb

2 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

you go up and drift behind beach haven ? always did good there. how about to the left at the split along the tel poles ? caught my biggest flounder at the top in front of the rock pile.9.9 lb

CHF, yes we fish all over from grassy channel to the inlet to behind BH and Deep Point and wherever.  Hopefully the big blues will turn up after a couple of year's absence and we can start going after them soon.  What kind of boat do you have and what is her name.  

I am boatless……….  lost my 1st mate and best friend last year.    I sold the boat before that though as he was not able to go any more.   

I miss my dad everyday.  

I do fish on another boat though out of cape may.   

we used to put in at the neck after work and run over to the point with old fish guts have play with the blues. my son caught his 1st fish a 6 lb weakie in grassy channel 15 years ago

Edited by coolhandfluke

9 hours ago, Knight771 said:

I will definitely look for you. I have a red 16' Lund so Im pretty easy to spot lol

Water got to 58 degrees this weekend and didn't seem too dirty. Glad I didn't listen to the weather man, Sunday morning was beautiful on the water. Little foggy tho.

IMG_3204.jpg

Edited by SaltyShepherd

58 degree water today, and the Blue Claws are out.  Gotta take that into consideration now when your trying to fish the backbay banks, especially with expensive worms.

Conditions were workable this morning until about 11:15.  Then the heavy wind came in and hit us all like a brick wall.  Ripped me and two other boats instantly off our anchors, and there was no way to reset, for any of us.  All 3 tried, all 3 failed, and I went home cursing the wind again.

Tried again last night from shore with about 10 or so other die hards

imported some sand worms from the north since they are cheaper and are just effective

saw a black drum caught and a football sized one with stripes.

i have two no bigger than 12 inches all between 5:30 and 7:30 PM

saw a boat anchored just off the point for most of that time

tight lines

jim

The wind is psycho right now, but man, if there was ever a night to go out to a sod and throw some fresh clam out under the full moon looking for a Drum, this is it.