Who's in Great Bay?

Rate this topic

JoeyZac

7 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Unfortunately, I cannot answer that question, as "Great Bay" is way too specific an area and would be considered a spot burn.

I did have 47 degree water, if that helps any.

I think you’re taking the rule too literally. great Bay is pretty general almost like saying Ocean County :)

These are the rules from page 1 of the reports thread.  As I understand them, "Ocean County in the back" is the most specific I can get.  "Great Bay" is more specific than that, and while I really don't mind at all telling people what I'm catching in "Great Bay," it's not worth listening to the bitching or dealing with the editing.

If a mod wants to chime in and say that pics from "Great Bay" are fine as long as I don't give away any spots in Great Bay, then fine, but until/unless that happens, I'm sticking with the "rules" outlined below.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:39 PM, Local24 SSP said:

Rules for the thread..............

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

As a collective group I hope we can all fish for a greater cause this spring. It is known that the stock is in trouble, but still salvagable. Please release the females properly, and keep a modest amount for the dinner table if you so choose.

24 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

These are the rules from page 1 of the reports thread.  As I understand them, "Ocean County in the back" is the most specific I can get.  "Great Bay" is more specific than that, and while I really don't mind at all telling people what I'm catching in "Great Bay," it's not worth listening to the bitching or dealing with the editing.

If a mod wants to chime in and say that pics from "Great Bay" are fine as long as I don't give away any spots in Great Bay, then fine, but until/unless that happens, I'm sticking with the "rules" outlined below.

No biggie here either, just razzing you a bit. I’m just enjoying the thread

37 mins ago, bkupmstr said:

I think you’re taking the rule too literally. great Bay is pretty general almost like saying Ocean County :)

no he is not.   I posted the Mullica river and was chastised. that's a pretty long river but...………………...

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.

1 min ago, coolhandfluke said:

no he is not.   I posted the Mullica river and was chastised. that's a pretty long river but...………………...

If you were chastised without being reported than i believe we are ... well maybe I’ll keep that opinion to myself

1 hour ago, bkupmstr said:

No biggie here either, just razzing you a bit. I’m just enjoying the thread

Same here.  I'm just trying to enjoy the thread to the extent we can, hopefully bump into one another out there, and make a new friend or two.

I'm leaving the dock in as soon as I hit "Submit Reply."  If you a green boat with a Trump flag, wave. :)

Inlet loaded with hundreds of gannets crashing the water and I thought GAME ON!  but nothing happening, no predators at all.  Went out to a flat ocean and tried in 45' without a touch, moved out to70' and caught a bunch of shorts on greenies, 3 were 14".  Finished up in GB and drowned some worms and only managed a few taps.  It was a beautiful day though and I was glad to be out.

The bay was messy yesterday.  Those who went out front had beautiful conditions, and I was sitting there drowning bloods with my stern swinging like a gate.

Same thing today, and I had to resort to snagging my anchor on a sod.  53 degree water today.  Dirty though.

2 hours ago, Vitalsigns said:

Inlet loaded with hundreds of gannets crashing the water and I thought GAME ON!  but nothing happening, no predators at all.  Went out to a flat ocean and tried in 45' without a touch, moved out to70' and caught a bunch of shorts on greenies, 3 were 14".  Finished up in GB and drowned some worms and only managed a few taps.  It was a beautiful day though and I was glad to be out.

Inlet "should be" on fire next week but what do I know (... except thats when I hope to hit it LOL)

From The Grand State of South Jersey