JoeyZac

Who's in Great Bay?

Rate this topic

211 posts in this topic

Planning on putting her in next week, and barring a hurricane, I'm fishing Opening Day.

Who else fishes the Mullica, Great Bay, and/or out of Little Egg Inlet?

Hoping to see some fellow SOL'ers out there soon.

I fish there often with Knight771 on his boat.  However, due to his recent surgery I don't think we'll be out for awhile.  What's your radio call sign?

50 mins ago, Spigola said:

I fish there often with Knight771 on his boat.  However, due to his recent surgery I don't think we'll be out for awhile.  What's your radio call sign?

I have every intention of being out most days in March.  You are more than welcome to tag along with me one day if you'd like.

I'm usually on 9, and respond to "Joey."

Good to hear from everyone so far, keep the names coming.  Nice to know who else is out there fishing the same waters.

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

I have every intention of being out most days in March.  You are more than welcome to tag along with me one day if you'd like.

I'm usually on 9, and respond to "Joey."

Thanks for the invite. 

11 mins ago, Red Eye Nester said:

There were definite signs of life in the Ocean today, spring is closing in.

Same REN?

Turn your messaging on.

Just started fishing from the banks last fall. Still learning and scouting the area, but I will be there a lot more often this year.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, JoeyZac said:

Planning on putting her in next week, and barring a hurricane, I'm fishing Opening Day.

Who else fishes the Mullica, Great Bay, and/or out of Little Egg Inlet?

Hoping to see some fellow SOL'ers out there soon.

Never did hook up with you these last few years.  With my health issues, I probably will start to launch in late March but Spig and I do more surf/beach fishing in March/April as my Center Console has no protection and it can get mighty cold out there. 

Still, we'll go out for stripers, hopefully big blues and then fluke as the months pass.  This year, I also hope to go after more tautog around Great Bay.  We  might also fish the Mullica from the banks for stripers and white perch.

Hope to catch up with you this year Joey and meet you personally.  We will be out of Capt. Mikes as always.

I drove down through basto yesterday. I see someone cut trees down across the paths me and others used to reach the river above the bridge.  pretty sure its state land . no no trespassing signs anywhere.