coolhandfluke

PHILLIES ARE TO SIGN HARPER TODAY

Rate this topic

214 posts in this topic

good luck with him...I'm tired of reading about how the MLB free agency process is broken because Harper and Machado are still unsigned after spring training has started...players are pissed that GMs didn't just throw 10 year $350M contracts at them right after the WS ended, claims of collusion, blah blah...

I think GMs are just done with these mega-contracts for players that never, ever pay off after year 5...ask the Angels how they like paying Albert Pujols still...

3 hours ago, jettyjockey18 said:

good luck with him...I'm tired of reading about how the MLB free agency process is broken because Harper and Machado are still unsigned after spring training has started...players are pissed that GMs didn't just throw 10 year $350M contracts at them right after the WS ended, claims of collusion, blah blah...

I think GMs are just done with these mega-contracts for players that never, ever pay off after year 5...ask the Angels how they like paying Albert Pujols still...

The inmates are running the asylum in all sports.

Coaches are hamstrung...prima donnas...drugs...

slappin they b#$$#^s around...lazy on the field..

but im still going out today to watch the flyers and

check out an AAF game. I still enjoy the games enough

to ignore the horsechit. 

9 hours ago, yosco said:

The inmates are running the asylum in all sports.

Coaches are hamstrung...prima donnas...drugs...

slappin they b#$$#^s around...lazy on the field..

but im still going out today to watch the flyers and

check out an AAF game. I still enjoy the games enough

to ignore the horsechit. 

I think Bill Bellichik might disagree with your assessment.    :D

MLB is an entertaining business which generates hundreds of billions of $$$ world wide. I'm betting MLB does not want elite talent sitting out the season not performing for the public to enjoy ..... will sign with someone .    

36 mins ago, Hook I said:

MLB is an entertaining business which generates hundreds of billions of $$$ world wide. I'm betting MLB does not want elite talent sitting out the season not performing for the public to enjoy ..... will sign with someone .    

Thanks Nostradamus.

got any lottery numbers you wanna share?

1 hour ago, Finster said:

Thanks Nostradamus.

got any lottery numbers you wanna share?

Maybe he was just throwing out a reminder ,you surly didn't need to be schooled  

7 hours ago, Hook I said:

I'll bet MLB agrees that it's a stupid unacceptable risk for any team commit 300 million guaranteed over 10 years to any one player.

6 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I'll bet MLB agrees that it's a stupid unacceptable risk for any team commit 300 million guaranteed over 10 years to any one player.

where have you been hiding ???? those ten year deals were years past  , the winter meeting were settled there , are gone but they will be signed  & will be a strike when , why ....because ...the crystal ball has a busy signal , will get back to you .