missinglink08

Ward Melville Expo sat March 2

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give a quick heads up that the Ward Melville High School Fishing Club is hosting its Annual Expo and fundraiser on Saturday March 2.  Doors to the public open at 830 am and the show concludes at 3 pm.  As with years in the past, admission and parking is free.  There will be 15 seminars on various topics, and over 270 tables of vendors.  Charter and party boats, custom rods, manufactured rods and reels, plug builders, custom bucktail and jig companies, fleamarket, art, apparel, DEC, and various other vendors from Ma, Ct, NY, NJ and PA will be present.  There over 70 raffles that go to raise funds for the high school fishing program.

New hallways and areas of vendors were added this year.  Food trucks will be there and a youth tackle scavenger hunt for anglers aged 7 to 18 will take place.  

A FREE shuttle service (yup, school bus) will be available to take you from a satellite parking lot to Ward Melville during the hours of 10 till 2 pm.  The satellite lot is less than a mile south of Ward Melville so you wont be able it miss it.  

You can search our website for details on vendors, raffles and all particulars about the show.

Hope to see you there!

WARD MELVILLE FISHING SHOW 2019.jpg

SPEAKER SCHEDULE 19.jpg

7 hours ago, valentine said:

Have not been to this show but it sure sounds good. 

You have to make a time and go.

It is worth just walking and looking around

I enjoy this more than striper day 100%. Dont get ms wrong, both shows are super fun but the flea market just has so much more. Striper day to me is for people seeking only the high end in terms of plugs. The flea market is that, plus finding sweet deals on old stock, used, interesting finds. My girl and I look forward to it every year. 

Flea market is always more fun than any other show and you know it is more $$$$$ out of your pocket.

Parking is an issue.  

This year we will have a shuttle service that begins at 10am.  The shuttle parking lot is 2 min (south) of Ward Melville.  As you pass Nesconnset Hwy (347),  look for the signs in front of a massive parking.  Shuttles will run every 15 minutes starting at 10 am.

Little more than a week to go and the kids are psyched!  

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

Excellent show....I’ll be there for sure. Heard very good things about the food truck.

The BBQ truck is awesome, very friendly people. I cant say for the Tex Mex truck that's usually there as I've never tried it but heard good stuff too. Bbq truck also had good egg sammiches.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:52 PM, Popasilov said:

Flea market is always more fun than any other show and you know it is more $$$$$ out of your pocket.

This isnt a flea market style show. This is a Very big show now, Due to the High Schools Fishing team. They do a Excellent time Running this show.

This show has everything from art, guides, charters, flea market type stuff, lectures, raffles, stuff for the kids to do.  It's just a really great day, a great scene and completely valuable to chase the winter blues away and get psyched for spring.  Not to mention it benefits one of the few high school fishing clubs out there and the more kids we get fishing the better our future will be.  Less X-Box and more fishing off the rocks.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:52 PM, Popasilov said:

This is not a fleamarket. 

23 hours ago, DownUnderDaSea said:

This isnt a flea market style show. .....

6 hours ago, reelfire said:

This is not a fleamarket. 

I didn't mean real flea market.

I know the show.

Still, lots of familiar faces that you can see on previous "flea market" show.

Ward Melville High School Fishing Expo and Fundraiser

this Sat 3/2
830 AM till 300 PM
280 tables from 190 different vendors --- all fishing related
100 fishing related raffles
15 seminars
Steiger Craft Boats, White Water bringing boats, food trucks on premises as well
Free Admission

this year we also added a secondary parking lot off site with a free shuttle. (starts at 10am)

supports the high school fishing program

www.wardmelville****.com/2019expo for all details

Kisok assnmt.jpg

Kiosk.jpg

SPEAKER SCHEDULE 19.jpg